• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does anyone pocket carry a...

Does anyone pocket carry a Ruger SP101? I have a chance to pick one up and don't know much about them. The one I'm looking at is the 2 1/4" .357. Any info on it would be great.

Thanks.

i just threw my buddy's SP101 (same one as the one you are looking at), you'll be able to stand around and walk fine but if you side down you'll definitely print, also people will most likely be able to see the butt of the gun, i have black shorts on and he has black grips on it so it's not that noticeable but it doesn't conceal well. he has a simple IWB leather holster for it and carries it all day, conceals that way very well

i just threw my buddy's SP101 (same one as the one you are looking at), you'll be able to stand around and walk fine but if you side down you'll definitely print, also people will most likely be able to see the butt of the gun, i have black shorts on and he has black grips on it so it's not that noticeable but it doesn't conceal well. he has a simple IWB leather holster for it and carries it all day, conceals that way very well

Is it heavy in the pocket? Would you think it would do ok with a pocket holster? I'm leaning towards the LCR but I like the .357.

Is it heavy in the pocket? Would you think it would do ok with a pocket holster? I'm leaning towards the LCR but I like the .357.

Yes, the SP101 is heavy. I'd go with the LCR or a smith 642/442 for pocket carry. Definitely try shooting 357s out of a snubby before you buy one. It's probably manageable in the heavy sp101, but still not pleasant. I tried 357s in a S&W 360PD ONCE. I only finished the cylinder because people were watching. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom