• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does Bass Pro ever put their guns on sale?

Buy your gun from a good gun shop. Save the gift cards for ammo. Look.....a new gun is the cheapest part of the experience.....unless you plan to just keep it in a safe and fondle it every now and then. Every gun i own i have spent 10x what ive paid for it in ammo to put through it in probably the first year of owning it. Im not kidding! Think about it.....a new 357 mag revolver is 500 bucks for example.......10 boxes of range ammo is $300 for that gun. If you plan to actually shoot the thing buy it at a place with a good deal and then buy Ammo. Ammo. Ammo.

Last edited:
agree with whacko 100%, use the cards for ammo, boots, get into reloading etc,

i'm there all the time and have never once seen a gun at a non retard price.

And when you go to Bass Pro, make sure you head south on rt 1 to Gartman Arms. Awesome dudes, tons of guns at fair prices. Picked up a gorgeous S&W 629 there couple of months ago.

Last edited:

And when you go to Bass Pro, make sure you head south on rt 1 to Gartman Arms. Awesome dudes, tons of guns at fair prices. Picked up a gorgeous S&W 629 there couple of months ago.
. My ammunition budget is 350 a month. No joke. I make a good living but am not any where near "well off". I make my range time possible by saving other ways. Thermos of coffee and out the door. Pack my lunch. Eat out only 1 time a month. My time shooting and hunting is time with my son so it pays off in other ways. I always wonder how guys can buy guns and let em sit in a safe and only shoot once a month.

If you haven't been to Gartman Arms in a few years you wouldn't recognize the place. I used to like the old man, he was a hoot to talk with.

Folks, I get the whole support the local guy thing. I'm not new to this. For the record, I've been shooting for 40+ years. I already reload for 18 calibers to feed dozens of guns. I'm also backlogged with three plus years of ammo /components in every cal I shoot. On average, I buy and sell a dozen plus more guns /year. I.e. my local /not so local gunshops see PLENTY of my money so one purchase from a chain store is in the weeds. Trust me.). I don't hunt or need shoes, rain gear fishing rods or BBQ's, I'm just looking for a way to put these cards to use (on something that will likely get resold in a local gunshop as soon as I get bored with it. .)

Sell them off at 80% to someone here. Either that or use the 50 in bucks for spending 250 promotion going on nowand buy something that is close to "normal" prices. Shoot it and then sell it off if you get bored. If you wait they have decent black friday deals on a few guns every year. google last years black friday flyer for an idea.

I used credit card reward points to buy a "free" J frame there. It's a very tedious experience, getting the perp walk to the front of the store and having the slack jawed manager stare at the forms for 20 minutes. Never again.

Folks, I get the whole support the local guy thing. I'm not new to this. For the record, I've been shooting for 40+ years. I already reload for 18 calibers to feed dozens of guns. I'm also backlogged with three plus years of ammo /components in every cal I shoot. On average, I buy and sell a dozen plus more guns /year. I.e. my local /not so local gunshops see PLENTY of my money so one purchase from a chain store is in the weeds. Trust me.). I don't hunt or need shoes, rain gear fishing rods or BBQ's, I'm just looking for a way to put these cards to use (on something that will likely get resold in a local gunshop as soon as I get bored with it. .)
excuse us. When mist of us see a user name in black we assume new guy. :)

They'll have a few sales but even then they are still quite a bit higher than LGS's, that's what people are saying. Your call but I'd use it for clothes, hiking boots, etc before paying $200 more for a gun than a local shop.

If you haven't been to Gartman Arms in a few years you wouldn't recognize the place. I used to like the old man, he was a hoot to talk with.

You can still talk to Benko there, he just won't answer you anymore.

Even then, they were [STRIKE=undefined]probably[/STRIKE] DEFINITELY overpriced.

FIFY

To the OP:

Yes, BP runs some gun sales, they knock off $25-50 on some guns, which then makes those guns only $100-150 MORE than you will pay in most LGS in MA!! Basically they sell guns for MSRP, no bargains to be had on firearms there.

Bass Pro added "guns excluded" to their price matching policy because they chose not to be competitive with small gun shops.

Bass Pro added "guns excluded" to their price matching policy because they chose not to be competitive with small gun shops.

I'm in favor of that. Otherwise it might turn into a WalMart type situation where local business doesn't have the ability to stay competitive against the buying power of a national retailer.

sent from my beat up iPhone 5

I'm in favor of that. Otherwise it might turn into a WalMart type situation where local business doesn't have the ability to stay competitive against the buying power of a national retailer.

sent from my beat up iPhone 5

Dicks and walmart have lots of guns cheaper than small B&Ms, and they suck enough to deal with that its not really a problem. Price skinflints are not really a good target for small gun shops anyways.

Thanks for the input. Guess I'll re-gift the cards this xmass. No point in overpaying. Particularly to a chain store.
I had been thinking about a 4" S&W 617. I'll wait for a used one to show in a LGS.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. Guess I'll re-gift the cards this xmass. No point in overpaying. Particularly to a chain store.
I had been thinking about a 4" S&W 617. I'll wait for a used one to show in a LGS.

I was in BP a couple of days ago. The 617 they had was close to $900 IIRC. Don't pay attention to whether it was a 4 or 6" or 6 or 10 rds.

On black friday, you would think they were giving away guns with how busy their counter was a few years ago. I've only looked at the guns there once or twice. They were so high I don't bother any more if I stop there.

You can still talk to Benko there, he just won't answer you anymore.

FIFY

To the OP:

Yes, BP runs some gun sales, they knock off $25-50 on some guns, which then makes those guns only $100-150 MORE than you will pay in most LGS in MA!! Basically they sell guns for MSRP, no bargains to be had on firearms there.

It was always a hoot to see him flying over Wrentham in his PPC.

yeah. I was in BPS last night and saw a M&P 15-22 for $530. Four Seasons has it advertised online for $360. Wife tells me she gets a lot of customers telling her that ammo prices are good there, and she sees about 2 guns per day out the door.

Unfortunately, no employee discount on firearms :(

yeah. I was in BPS last night and saw a M&P 15-22 for $530. Four Seasons has it advertised online for $360. Wife tells me she gets a lot of customers telling her that ammo prices are good there, and she sees about 2 guns per day out the door.

Unfortunately, no employee discount on firearms :(
Really? When I worked there the guys at the gun counter got "pro deals" on some guns and optics... But then again that was about 5 years ago now so I could be misremembering.

Bass Pro and Cabelas are frequently $100 cheaper than my LGS for all new firearms. I guess that's what happens when you're literally the only gun shop in the county.

Gift cards kind of suck as a present because you can't get the item at the best price possible. Of course since you didn't buy them, it is not a loss from your pocket, it just reduces the value of the gift. Last December, I got a bunch of BPS gift cards for my birthday. I was lucky and found a Carhartt jacket and a nice trail camera (both 25+% off). I also found a Smith 617 (10 shot, 6" barrel, used) at a lgs for $500 which became a birthday present from me to me... [grin] At Christmas, more BPS gift cards [shocked]... I wanted a Umarex Octane air rifle and asked if they would price match Air Guns of Arizona's internet price. They wouldn't but a week later, Sports Authority had it for 25% off. They did price match and I saved about $65. I always preferred small pictures of dead presidents as a gift. Not sure why they think I want BPS gift cards now...

Back
Top Bottom