Does the sale of a shotgun require an FA-10?

How do you handle selling a shotgun lawfully in Massachusetts?
Meet at Bass Pro or Dunks, open both trunks, I toss the shotty, he tosses the money, as we circle each other like Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo, when it’s all cool and both parties are satisfied, we drive away and make sure nobody follows you. The end.

Last edited:
Meet at Bass Pro or Dunks, open both trunks, I toss the shotty, he tosses the money, as we circle each other like Doc Holliday and Ringo, when it’s all cool and both parties are satisfied, we drive away and make sure nobody follows you. The end.
Last weekend I bought a gun and we did it on the tailgate of my truck.
Seller filled out the eFA-10 on his cell phone in 7 minutes. I was impressed.

Yup. I helped one of my older brothers buy his first shotgun exactly like that, from another NES member. Easy stuff.

When the guy shows up at your house to buy the shotgun you mistake him for an intruder so you pop open the door and crack a few shotgun blasts into the air to scare them away. Later in the day you post a thread here on NES about how this no good deadbeat ghosted you on a shotgun sale.

- Joe B.

Someone hack OP's account? Otherwise it's an odd question from someone with a feedback of +14. Assuming seller is within limit of 4 transactions and therefore doesn't need a FFL, EFA10 as a private sale and both parties must have valid LTC or FID; or let's say inherited by someone w/o permission slip, transfer via FFL.

I've done a lot of them like that.

The days of actually going into a DD and sitting there while using their WiFi might be over.

You forgot the back up team parked 5 parking slots away with th ARs.

Rookie mistake.

Meet at Bass Pro or Dunks, open both trunks, I toss the shotty, he tosses the money, as we circle each other like Doc Holliday and Johnny Ringo, when it’s all cool and both parties are satisfied, we drive away and make sure nobody follows you. The end.

You forgot the back up team parked 5 parking slots away with th ARs.

Rookie mistake.
I am my own back up, thank you very much.

2a4.jpg

I prefer to do it over a ball tanning session. I hand over the gun, the buyer hands over cash while sharing that wonderful experience.

In NH it's a simple handshake,... as it should be
While this is all well and good...... I wouldnt sell anything to anyone without taking a drivers license copy and filing it with the type of gun I sold and the serial number.

Just a standard CYA thing for me because if the seller is in a free state, and the seller is the one that bought it from the FFL, the sellers name is last on the list if said firearm shows up at a crime scene. Now I know they don't keep a list of FFL transactions...... [rofl]

Leaving the feds at the door and giving them a copy of what was sold to whom, and being able to tell them to move on to the next guy is fairly important to me.

Flame me if you like....I could care less but the ONLY side effect of FA-10 in MA is transfer of ownership is recorded, which helps the seller if something goes bad with the firearm that was sold.

Ill be very clear that I don't agree with licensing or the MA scheme of mandatory transfers and registration.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom