• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does this mean what I think it means....

If you arent making an attempt to get to the State House this saturday, Shame on you.

So is this implying we all need to get rid of our AR's and AK's ect....

SECTION 25. Said section 131M of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by adding the following paragraph:-

Any large capacity feeding device that has or can readily be restored or converted to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition that was legally possessed by an individual prior to the enactment of this act must be sold or otherwise lawfully disposed of within one year of the act’s effective date. Such large capacity feeding devices may only be sold or disposed of to a purchaser authorized to possess such weapons.

http://www.mass.gov/governor/legisl...-to-strengthen-and-enhance-firearms-laws.html

If you arent making an attempt to get to the State House this saturday, Shame on you.

So is this implying we all need to get rid of our AR's and AK's ect....

SECTION 25. Said section 131M of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by adding the following paragraph:-

Any large capacity feeding device that has or can readily be restored or converted to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition that was legally possessed by an individual prior to the enactment of this act must be sold or otherwise lawfully disposed of within one year of the act’s effective date. Such large capacity feeding devices may only be sold or disposed of to a purchaser authorized to possess such weapons.

http://www.mass.gov/governor/legisl...-to-strengthen-and-enhance-firearms-laws.html

I say use them instead.

This subsection shall not apply to the following persons and uses:

(i) any law enforcement agency or authority;

Nice huh?

Time for you folks to man up and write letters to your local reps telling them you won't comply, and if they want them real bad they can come and get them. Tell them in no uncertain terms that they are essentially voting for dead cops and constituents alike.

Wow. So there forcing us to get rid of pre-bans?

Gunowners: "The reason we keep guns is to prevent the government from taking away our rights"

Government: "We are passing a law that says you no longer have the right to keep guns"

Gunowners: "Fine, we'll turn them in. But, you just ticked the clock one tick closer to go time!"

BTW, the pre ban ban is essentially unenforceable. There is absolutely no way for them to know who has them and who doesn't. If you get caught with one you were probably doing something you shouldn't have been doing in the first place. Keep your mouth shut and your head down and you'll be fine.

Time for you folks to man up and write letters to your local reps telling them you won't comply, and if they want them real bad they can come and get them. Tell them in no uncertain terms that they are essentially voting for dead cops and constituents alike.

I'll say it cause I don't give a **** anymore. I speak for myself, just waiting for the spark. And I am sure they are as well. So who is gonna flinch?

I called the constituent hotline this afternoon to ask WTF this proposal meant; before the full bill was posted online. The minion that answered the phone (after putting me on hold for 8 minutes) confirmed that ANY magazine or feeding device with a capacity of more than 10 rounds will be banned, no grandfathering. Sold out of State or destroyed within 1 year! I'm looking at real estate in Wyoming!

I called the constituent hotline this afternoon to ask WTF this proposal meant; before the full bill was posted online. The minion that answered the phone (after putting me on hold for 8 minutes) confirmed that ANY magazine or feeding device with a capacity of more than 10 rounds will be banned, no grandfathering. Sold out of State or destroyed within 1 year! I'm looking at real estate in Wyoming!

Am I reading this wrong then? I see 7 rounds in that link?

What ? Really ? This is ****ed thinking .

What was wrong with what I said? My point was, if they pull you over for speeding and find one in your range bag, you shouldn't have been speeding. If you beat on your wife and they come to your home and find one, you probably shouldn't have been beating on your wife.

My point was that it would be ALMOST impossible to get caught with one if you kept your nose clean. "Accidental" discovery will more than likely come by some dumb act the person did which gave the LEO the opportunity to take a look around.

What is wrong with that logic?

If the state wants to buy my high capacity magazines at current market value, Ill get rid of them... And then buy more.

So does that mean the state is paying for transfers now? Cause I am not paying for private sale transfers.

requiring private sales of firearms to occur at the business of a licensed dealer so that the sale can be tracked electronically.

Last edited:
First, you had a high cap in range bag.. If you bitch about speeding and breaking the law, well.. I guess nuff said!

What happened to the line in the sand, revolution, fight to the death thing? Postponed until they cross the next line?

I just left a Voice Mail for my Real Estate agent today, it's time to list this old home. The move to Montana is getting a lot closer after the events of today in Taxachusetts.

What in the hell are you going to do with them if you can't take them out of the house?? They could hang out at gun clubs and pick us off as we drive out if they really wanted too!

What was wrong with what I said? My point was, if they pull you over for speeding and find one in your range bag, you shouldn't have been speeding. If you beat on your wife and they come to your home and find one, you probably shouldn't have been beating on your wife.

My point was that it would be ALMOST impossible to get caught with one if you kept your nose clean. "Accidental" discovery will more than likely come by some dumb act the person did which gave the LEO the opportunity to take a look around.

What is wrong with that logic?

The point really is that I control a corporation and 3 LLCs along with 2 personally owned rental properties. Between break-ins, crazy tenants and cops showing up with warrants I deal directly with the police about 18 time per year.

I don't understand the distinction between 7 round and 10 round magazines in this bill. Is it proposing a 7 round limit on future purchases, and outright banning possession of a magazine greater than 10 rounds?

so a tubular mag that holds say... 11 rounds is grounds for getting rid of the rifle according to this.

Well, if you had an intention of complying, that is.

Am I reading this wrong then? I see 7 rounds in that link?
Not positive , but I think that redefines high capacity as anything 7-10 rounds. So, my M1 Garand will (assuming this crap passes into law) now be classified as a high cap rifle and will need to be stored at a "licensed facility", that is if douche-bag Linsky's bill also passes.

Back
Top Bottom