• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

Does your spouse know how many guns you own?

• Yes.

Votes: 121 29.6%
  • No.

Votes: 233 57.0%
  • Of course; some of them belong to him/her!

Votes: 50 12.2%
  • We have his & hers - I don't know about his/hers, s/he doesn't know about mine.

Votes: 5 1.2%

• Total voters
An Assistant Attorney General recently asked me how many guns I had. I simply stated the amount was in the "double digits."

And then gave a more substantive reply:

More than I need, but less than I want.

If the state demands to know more, let it get a search warrant and conduct its own count.

I said yes, but she probably couldn't tell you how many there are. When I bought the AK I didn't tell her about it at all, but when we went shooting the next time I bought it along and she didn't even bat an eye at the thing. She doesn't much pay attention I guess. She has .38 and likes it, I think that's all that really matters to her.

I can't believe "No" is in the lead. What are you people? sheep?
What about the thread where the wife is upset about the guns, I think honesty in such a situation is the best.
Thus endeth the sermon!

I catch hell for each one that comes into the safe, so I don't advertise how many I have. Not my fault she doesn't have any hobbies.

Several years ago I made the mistake of leaving my "picture album" out for her to find - with pictures of 14 guns. That has been the number ever since.

Fortunately, all milsurp rifles look the same when field stripped on the work bench.

"What? You're cleaning that old rifle again?"

"Yes, Dear - it's an investment, you know....."

She knows I have a few, and has a ballpark idea of how many. And she knows I'm always interested in adding more. Recently I went out on a Saturday on a quixotic hunt for an AK with my youngest son. She said, "Your father's never happier than when he's buying a gun". So I guess she doesn't mind.

No...all she knows is that it is too many...and she really does not care as long as I don't bug her about how many Rings, necklaces, and other Jewelery she adds to HER collection...

heck,.....even I don't know how many guns I have.......[smile]

and are you talking complete ones only, or including the 1/2 completed projects, the demilled parts kits......etc..etc..

Last edited:
she knows how many, where they are, and how to use them. It is usually her idea to go to the range.

I get some grief about it, but she has more sets of golf clubs than I have guns.

No; she thinks I own 3. [rofl]

All guns pretty much look alike to her, whether it is a revolver, pistol or AR15. So I can add more without her noticing that I have a new gun. Its all just "gun" and she's not interested.

Although, a couple Mosins arrived while she was at home (and I wasn't). I told her those are nonfunctional collectors items, that's why they look really old and cost only $70.

Yes, but here's a typical conversation...

Me: I'm picking up a new rifle tomorrow.

Spouse: Another .22?

Me: Pretty much... it's a .223

[grin]

I asked my wife if she knew how many guns were in the house this evening. She replied "7," I asked would she like to think 7 or would she like to know how many there were really in the house. I told her how many and we proceeded on with conversations about our work day. To surmise, she did not know the exact amount, nor does she care.

What about the thread where the wife is upset about the guns, I think honesty in such a situation is the best.
Thus endeth the sermon!

I voted yes, but I think it could be no. I tell her whenever I get something new, but she usually just rolls her eyes with disinterest. Months later I will be packing for the range, and she will ask: "When did you get that?"

So I think my yes vote is in the spirit of the poll, I tell her when I bring something new home. But it may be a no in reality because I'm sure she ignored my description/presentation on many of them.

A more important question may be:
Do you tell your wife what you actually spend on guns and ammunition?
I will tell you that one of my greatest fears is that should something happen to me, she may sell them for what I told her I paid.[wink]

Thus endeth the sermon!

It's not being kept from her. She has looked inside the safe. She has a general idea, but not a specific number. When a new one comes home, I show it to her, in hopes she will take a greater interest. but I usually get the "What's different about that one?'". The answer is usually "Yesterday someone else owned it. Today I do.". [smile]

Lost count after catching the C&R bug...

I have a fever, and the only prescription is milsurp rifles!
cowbell_skit.jpg

Thus endeth the sermon!
I'm totally honest and hide nothing. I show here every firearm I bring home. Her eyes glaze over because she just doesn't care.

A more important question may be:
Do you tell your wife what you actually spend on guns and ammunition?
I will tell you that one of my greatest fears is that should something happen to me, she may sell them for what I told her I paid.[wink]
I started a running total for 2008 only because I really wanted to know. I got sick to my stomach and won't be doing it for 2009. Will I show her the total? No. Why? Because she doesn't care.

Geez, neither of us can come home with a new purchase without everyone in the family checking it out.[laugh] Then of course we all have to try it out too.[grin]

I will not be getting married. I fill not give into the pressure. So she shall never know! Nor do my parents (whose house I live in) know what I keep in my safe.

I intend to keep it that way.

Back
Top Bottom