• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dog owner shoots aggressive dog at Hooksett rest stop

I ****ing hate NES dog threads like this. Needs to be said everytime.

"HUUURRRR DURRR ID SHOOT HIM WITH MY BODYGUARD 380 TOO BAD DOGS ARE PROPERTY MELON LOBE!".

Most of you saying that weigh 200 lbs more than the dog and would probably miss.

Why, what's the controversy to be had? If someone else's dog gets out of control and tries to use my dog/pet/kid/wife as a chew toy I should be able to
shoot it. (or use other means to stop the attack, if available). Not that hard to understand.

-Mike

Why, what's the controversy to be had? If someone else's dog gets out of control and tries to use my dog/pet/kid/wife as a chew toy I should be able to
shoot it. (or use other means to stop the attack, if available). Not that hard to understand.

-Mike

Which is fine, as a chew toy. These threads invariably always end up as "well if the dog is off the leash and charging me im going to shoot it".

Most of the "men" in here are 200 lbs and up. If you cant find a way to control even a large 100 lb dog, then youre a bitch. Ive had aggressive, untrained dogs charge us on trails, out of control of their owner and it never ran through my head to shoot one.

Which is fine, as a chew toy. These threads invariably always end up as "well if the dog is off the leash and charging me im going to shoot it".

Most of the "men" in here are 200 lbs and up. If you cant find a way to control even a large 100 lb dog, then youre a bitch. Ive had aggressive, untrained dogs charge us on trails, out of control of their owner and it never ran through my head to shoot one.

What does weight have to do with it?

Unfortunately, not everyone in the world can be as sophisticated as you.

What does weight have to do with it?

Unfortunately, not everyone in the world can be as sophisticated as you.

And this is why I dont like opening these threads . They make my blood boil.

What does weight have to do with it? Seriously?

And who said anything about being sophisticated. Does not make sense.

Sounds like a good shoot from information available right now.

NH 466:28 Killing Dogs Legalized. – Any person may kill a dog that suddenly assaults the person while such person is peaceably walking or riding without the enclosure of its owner or keeper; and any person may kill a dog that is found out of the enclosure or immediate care of its owner or keeper worrying, wounding, or killing sheep, lambs, fowl, or other domestic animals.

inb4 "pit bull"? [devil]

And that is the tid bit of info I was unable to find.. Appreciate the info..

You are acting like this is the comments section on YouTube dude chill

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Right, because police and the military use dogs because anyone can control them by simply picking one up. Not all of us are training to be a cage fighter, cut us some slack.

The thought of shooting one enters my mind every time I see dog crap on the street/sidewalk/park grass, etc (major reason I don't have a dog). Not all of us are so in love with our four legged "friends".

The only time I've drawn my firearm in the US was on my neighbor's dog that was charging to me and my daughter (4 at the time). Dog finally listened to the owner and went home just as I started my press - I don't care how much of a "family member" your dog is, control it! If it threatens me or my family (and I guess some people think their dogs are "family" too, right?) it's fair game.

That's because you understand that with dogs attitude is everything. They're all about social hierarchy and will go from snarling beast to cowed puppy the second that anyone, dog or man, they consider their social superior steps in and takes charge.

A former girlfriend of mine awhile back had a couple of pit bulls who would occasionally get into fights. I found the most reliable way to get them to break it up was to wade into the altercation acting like I was the biggest dog in the fight. I'd grab them by the collars and yank them apart while shouting their names as loudly and as deeply as possible. The change in their demeanor would be startling.

lol

So do I have to wait until I or a family member loses a pint of blood before shooting it, or?

So if a giant, aggressive dog with no owners in sight runs up to you and your family, showing all canine behavior signs that an attack is imminent, you're supposed to just be a man and wrassle that big'un down to the ground? [laugh]

lol

So do I have to wait until I or a family member loses a pint of blood before shooting it, or?

So if a giant, aggressive dog with no owners in sight runs up to you and your family, showing all canine behavior signs that an attack is imminent, you're supposed to just be a man and wrassle that big'un down to the ground? [laugh]

What are those signs, just so we're clear?

That's because you understand that with dogs attitude is everything. They're all about social hierarchy and will go from snarling beast to cowed puppy the second that anyone, dog or man, they consider their social superior steps in and takes charge.

A former girlfriend of mine awhile back had a couple of pit bulls who would occasionally get into fights. I found the most reliable way to get them to break it up was to wade into the altercation acting like I was the biggest dog in the fight. I'd grab them by the collars and yank them apart while shouting their names as loudly and as deeply as possible. The change in their demeanor would be startling.

This. Thank you.

The "HURRR DURRR POLICE AND MILITARY USE DOGS" argument is ****ing retarded. The difference between a working dog and a pet are night and day and if you dont see that then I cant do anything for you. I have a 110 lb working GSD that is trained for protection Tuna. We'll start at 30 feet with your pistol in a holster. I promise you youll lose every time. Your comparison of an out of control aggressive dog and a training working dog is so far off base its offensive.

All done with this. Have at it. Sorry I stirred it up. I know better.

I personally dislike all animals
[laugh]

I don't have an issue with people owning aggressive dogs for protection or just because they like them so long as they can keep them from attacking innocent folks and dogs. And, yes, so long as there wasn't anyone or thing of significance near the dog, I would shoot it if it attacked me or anything I care about. If I missed I would keep shooting at it [laugh]

Direct eye contact, snarling with front teeth showing, low growl, tail raised slightly and stiff, etc...

Aw c'mon, I want to see a video of you wrasslin' an aggressive and poorly trained 80lb pitbull to the ground before it attacks your toddler or preventing it from killing Grandma's yorkie by yelling at it loudly.

I have a 110 lb working GSD that is trained for protection Tuna. We'll start at 30 feet with your pistol in a holster. I promise you youll lose every time. Your comparison of an out of control aggressive dog and a training working dog is so far off base its offensive.

So if I can't shoot it, I'll have great success in going hand to paw? Maybe challenge it to a game of chess? You just proved my point.

So if I can't shoot it, I'll have great success in going hand to paw? Maybe challenge it to a game of chess? You just proved my point.

I think you can scare bears away by unzipping your jacket and flailing your arms around to appear larger, and hurling insults at them loudly, like "Hey bear, your fur looks really matted today, maybe you should use shampoo!!"

So there's really no reason to carry when hiking either now that I think about it.

Friend of mine, back in HS, he must have been 6' 170-180# or so, played football so 180# of muscle and bones, in real good shape. Neighbors had a medium sized dog, knew the dog well. They were playing street hockey and a puck got over into their yard, friend ends up mauled with wounds less than an inch from his lungs, somehow, I have no idea. Serious injury, unprovoked, could have been fatal. Dog weighed less than half his weight. Tell me again what weight has to do with this??

Why let your blood boil? Dog/owner Fed up, innocent bystander had to take appropriate action, end of story. By suggesting that there must have been another way to address the situation leads me to believe that you must be better than everyone else.

Last edited:

This. Thank you.

The "HURRR DURRR POLICE AND MILITARY USE DOGS" argument is ****ing retarded. The difference between a working dog and a pet are night and day and if you dont see that then I cant do anything for you. I have a 110 lb working GSD that is trained for protection Tuna. We'll start at 30 feet with your pistol in a holster. I promise you youll lose every time. Your comparison of an out of control aggressive dog and a training working dog is so far off base its offensive.

You should.
How many of those dogs you ran into actually bit ?
I'd say the number was zero.
Big difference in a dog being a loud mouth and one that wants to f8ck something up
But you should know that with your protection trained dog and all.

Back
Top Bottom