• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Done.

92FS or M&P 2.0 FS

• Total voters
the Glock 22 would be competing against, and losing to, the M&P 40.
you mean the same M&P 40 where the magazines were f***ing falling out for the first three years the gun was released? that m&p 40? šŸ¤£

Why limit yourself with an fs, but take all the options of a newer m&p?

Being a beretta owner, if I were to only own 1 92, itd be a 92x centurion.
Pic rail and two mount from factory equals a win win. And I believe all newer guns are a vertec grip

But I have multiple and plan on more.
Because I was looking at M&P's and stumbled across the 92FS at a very good price. And I've shot them before. And they have cheap mags. And even though I started by looking at a .45, I'm sticking with the 9mm caliber due to having tons of it on hand, and the replacement cost if 1/2 of .45. So, that's why the M&P or the 92FS, instead of an "X". Plus, I HATE pic rails on handguns. As much as @drgrant hates the "sear creep" in a 92FS.

Picking guns based on flint logic (cost) is a bad deal. Most people aren't so poor that it's not going to matter and if somebody is that poor they probably have no business buying multiple handguns they should be buying more ammo for the one gun they can afford that they already have.

And now you're basically contradicting yourself because every M&P has a f****** rail on it. šŸ¤£

And I have a dremel... [rofl]
So you're going to f****** the entire value of a perfectly good handgun just because you can't tolerate a rail on a handgun that's f****** ugly to begin with and make it even uglier in the process sounds like a brilliant plan.... to each their own. That reminds me of a time when I thought polishing my P220 stainless was a great idea...šŸ¤£

So you're going to f****** the entire value of a perfectly good handgun just because you can't tolerate a rail on a handgun that's f****** ugly to begin with and make it even uglier in the process sounds like a brilliant plan.... to each their own. That reminds me of a time when I thought polishing my P220 stainless was a great idea...šŸ¤£
I actually won't. I don't modify guns at all, since I know that I'll eventually sell it. I once sanded off the "grenade grips" on a Kahr PM9; now I would just use a rubber slip-on grip.

Depending on what the dentist gets out of me tomorrow, on Saturday. They underestimated the other day. If they over-charge again tomorrow, no guns for me!
Lemme guess. You brush once per day, when you get up, before breakfast. And you only floss when a popcorn kernel gets stuck in your gums. Amirite?

Brush and floss and you'll have more money for guns.

Aaannnnndddd.....I'm sure your dentist really wants to be working on a Saturday. When the rest of us are in Boston at the BCEC enjoying ourselves at the big annual local convention.

There. That's what your dentist really wants to say to you instead of "Good morning this won't hurt one bit."

[rofl]:p[rofl]

Because I was looking at M&P's and stumbled across the 92FS at a very good price. And I've shot them before. And they have cheap mags. And even though I started by looking at a .45, I'm sticking with the 9mm caliber due to having tons of it on hand, and the replacement cost if 1/2 of .45. So, that's why the M&P or the 92FS, instead of an "X". Plus, I HATE pic rails on handguns. As much as @drgrant hates the "sear creep" in a 92FS.
Fair enough.

Get the 92fs
A 22lr conversion for it
Some pumpkins, Oranges, apples and have fun
Obviously not biasing the way I voted in the poll at all... but I just so happen to have a 92FS with .22 conversion for sale... šŸ˜‚

Clear a 92. Cock the hammer/put it in SA..... take up the slack in the trigger till you hit a wall. This wall is squishy. There's a perceptible amount of trigger movement post slack until the sear / hammer breaks. Its weird. It feels weird. Like every sear has some of this but in an unmodified 92FS it's very perceptible.

So I just tried this with three of my DA/SA pistols. Civvy M9, P226, and Mag-98.

I see what you mean, but it's hardly a distraction once you're used to it.

Comparing SA triggers of the three, I would rank them Sig-->Beretta-->Radom

Who would not want an Iconic gun from an Iconic Christmas movie
The bad ass himself had one
John McClain
iu

And get the D spring upgrade

So I just tried this with three of my DA/SA pistols. Civvy M9, P226, and Mag-98.

I see what you mean, but it's hardly a distraction once you're used to it.

Comparing SA triggers of the three, I would rank them Sig-->Beretta-->Radom
How's the Civvy M9 compare to Military?
Mag-98: Looks like a Tokarev and a Beretta had a love child. [smile]

Lemme guess. You brush once per day, when you get up, before breakfast. And you only floss when a popcorn kernel gets stuck in your gums. Amirite?

Brush and floss and you'll have more money for guns.

Aaannnnndddd.....I'm sure your dentist really wants to be working on a Saturday. When the rest of us are in Boston at the BCEC enjoying ourselves at the big annual local convention.

There. That's what your dentist really wants to say to you instead of "Good morning this won't hurt one bit."

[rofl]:p[rofl]
Nope. There's other issues that cause cavities. And I meant I would pick up the Beretta today (Saturday); not visit the dentist. How many dentists work weekends? Most don't even work a full day on Friday, in preparation for the weekend. [smile]

How's the Civvy M9 compare to Military?
Mag-98: Looks like a Tokarev and a Beretta had a love child. [smile]

About the same. I did change out some plastic parts to make it have the same metal parts as the military.

The Mag-98 is a fugly beast.

For $299 I couldn't resist.

IMG_0007_zpsficm8vxe.jpg

Both are good choices, but the Beretta is a bonafide classic handgun. It's a unique design, plenty accurate, and reliable. I'm partial the Beretta since that's what I shot in the military, so I might be somewhat biased. :)
Buy the Beretta and install this. It makes a HUGE difference in trigger, feels like new pistol.
That said the 92 is a boat anchor but tried and true.

Last edited:
Buy the Beretta and install this. It makes a HUGE difference in trigger, feels like new pistol.
Then you could sprinkle a Wilson short reach trigger on top.
Or the Volker precion flat trigger

Or if you want to make it into an Xtreme, get this:

If you're patient, they go on sale fairly frequently. I got mine for $160 during one of their 20% off sales. Makes all the difference in the world.

Back
Top Bottom