• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Don't Be Surprised if Gun Owners Don't Comply With Gun Control Laws

MaverickNH

NES Member

"Researchers investigating the effect of comprehensive background check laws in Colorado, Delaware, and Washington found an increase in such checks only in Delaware, according to a study published in 2018 in Injury Prevention. "One plausible explanation for our findings is low compliance in our study states," the researchers wrote.

But trying to compel compliance by belatedly imposing registration requirements is also a losing bet. Gun policy is a divisive issue and people know that some politicians want to outlaw and even confiscate what is currently legal; they don't seem inclined to make that goal easy to achieve. When Connecticut required owners of so-called "assault weapons" (really, semi-automatic rifles with a military appearance) to register their property with the state, it achieved all of 15 percent compliance; compliance in New York with a similar rule topped out at 5 percent."

"Although Democratic opinion is little changed since 2017, GOP support for an assault-style weapons ban has dropped substantially, from 54% in 2017 and 50% in 2019 to 37% today," Pew Research noted in April of this year. "Similarly, Republican support for a federal gun sale database is 13 percentage points lower than it was in 2017. There have been more modest Republican shifts away from support for ban on high-capacity ammunition magazines and background checks for private and gun show sales."

Gallup finds a similar hardening in attitudes, with the gap between Republicans and Democrats over gun policy widening from an average of 22 points to 47 points, mostly as a result of the GOP's growing opposition to gun control measures."

Cut off the money flow to .gov and the IRS will spare no expense to hunt you down.

if we cut off the money flow where they gonna get the money to hunt us down? 😂 j/k I know they’ll print it out of infinity.

in all seriousness though, that’s why I said mass non compliance. They can pick us off one by one, but a United ARMED front is a different story.

plus I’m guessing IRS agents are pencil pushers, not pipe hitters. Yes I know they’ll send our overlords and protectors the boys in blue to cuff me and shoot my dog.

GOP?🤣🤣
When Cocaine Mitch is the leader of their party?
RINO scum.
They lost their cred a while ago.

if we cut off the money flow where they gonna get the money to hunt us down? 😂 j/k I know they’ll print it out of infinity.

in all seriousness though, that’s why I said mass non compliance. They can pick us off one by one, but a United ARMED front is a different story.

plus I’m guessing IRS agents are pencil pushers, not pipe hitters. Yes I know they’ll send our overlords and protectors the boys in blue to cuff me and shoot my dog.
Uncle Joe might even send an F-16 to your house to collect his money. As Uncles said, don't mess with us because we have nukes. [rofl]

Canada, with a culture of subservience to government, tried and failed.

That isn't going to stop them trying to jump to the end game of confiscation though.

Compliance to any registration scheme here will vary as noted in the article in the OP. Leftists will comply at a higher rate. If a registration scheme ever passes here I expect overall compliance to be vastly lower than Canada.

That isn't going to stop them trying to jump to the end game of confiscation though.

Compliance to any registration scheme here will vary as noted in the article in the OP. Leftists will comply at a higher rate. If a registration scheme ever passes here I expect overall compliance to be vastly lower than Canada.
And Yet the Fudds will still go to That Communist country for their Hunting and Fishing trips. Folks, Learn to shun those Fudds and do it publicly and vocally.

I see a sharp rise in violent crime coming to Canada as the further disarm the citizens while inviting in 3rd world invaders.
Steepest rise will violent crimes against women.

Back
Top Bottom