Double login?

Hi,
For a few days now, every time I log in to NES, the first login attempt (correct user ID and password) fails.

When I enter the exact same user ID and password a second time, all is good, and the login succeeds.

This is absolutely reproducible and has been consistent for the past two or three days.

Have you evern had this reported before? Could someone or some process be intercepting my login?

Thanks,

Nana

I haven't seen this before, maybe your browser is lagging and eating one of the characters in your password and it's not getting passed to the server the first time?

BTW if you don't share your computer, you're better off telling the board to save your PW/creds in a cookie (that checkbox that says save password). I don't know if this has improved with newer versions of VB, but I found without using that flag, things were often pretty unusable in the past.

-Mike

Also, if you've saved credentials in the past, you can run into a situation where there are multiple saved credentials for one site.

I'm running Windows Explorer 8.0.601 64 bit.

I tried the checkoff at login, but this problem remains.

Again, it is absolutely consistent, and absolutely repeatable. I don't have any similar symptoms (dropped characters, etc.) on any other forum.

I guess I'll clear my cookie again and see if that does anything.

I just tried logging in with IE 8.0.7601 (Win7 64bit) and I didn't see the issue. Might also look at clearing the IE cache (Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History/Delete..., check off Temp Internet Files and Cookies)?

I just tried logging in with IE 8.0.7601 (Win7 64bit) and I didn't see the issue. Might also look at clearing the IE cache (Tools, Internet Options, Browsing History/Delete..., check off Temp Internet Files and Cookies)?

Thanks. Clearing the history and cookies hasn't helped.

The other thing I've noticed is that my performance has degraded drastically.

It looks like I may need my son to apply his tech magic to my PC.

This is a huge PITA.

It still takes two logins every time, after trying everything my techie son and I can think of to clear the problem.

Back
Top Bottom