• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Downeast Mid-Range Regionals Oct. 5-8 in Scarborough, Maine

This will be a great match in fall weather and featuring our new electronic targets.

The Downeast Fall Regional Mid-Range Match will be held on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday, Oct. 5-8, on the 600-yard range at the Scarborough Fish & Game Club in Scarborough, Maine. This is an NRA-sanctioned regional match, and all shooting will be at 600 yards.

Individual matches will be held Saturday, Sunday and Monday, with the scores from all three days being used to determine the overall winner winner. There will be division awards for Service Rifle, NRA Match Rifle, F-Open, F-TR and AR–Tactical based on the NRA rules for each rifle.

A team match will be held on Friday. All shooting will be at 600 yards.

For more details, go to:
http://www.scarfg.org/twiki/pub/Main/Rifle/2018_1006__07_Registered_MidRange-1.pdf

Mid-Range & F-Class on Columbus Day Weekend (Weather is usually the best time of the year - fingers crossed idea). Great way to end the Northeast/New England Season and finally Team Matches! Great range to shoot on, and great proximity to a lot of history, great food and activities (Beaches, Historical Sites and much more) for family members excellent as well.
e-target-installation-and-calibratation-2-jpg.1060437

The range will have two more matches on the E-Targets, an NRA Approved XTC 80 round this weekend the 26th, and the Maine State High Power Championship Sept. 8th & EIC/Directors Match the 9th. There are Fun/Practice Matches at a single yard line each Sunday for the balance of September if you want to get a handle on shooting on the new targets (On the E-Targets the single yard line gets you finished by lunch time - see this page for the details - Rifle < Main < SF&GA ). Things have progressed better than expected. Hope we see you on the firing line for the Mid-Range Regional or sooner.

Last edited:
I have a question about how winners of this match were recognized.

The Match Bulliten states:

Awards to the match winners. Juniors will receive an award. Classes with less than 4 competitors will
be combined with the next higher class
Was F-TR recognized as a class this yr? (The results I've seen show that F-TR comprised 10 of the 26 reported shooters) It looks like, based on the results posting that I've seen, that Scarborough competed everyone by classification and not by class.

I have a question about how winners of this match were recognized.

The Match Bulliten states:

Awards to the match winners. Juniors will receive an award. Classes with less than 4 competitors will
be combined with the next higher class
Was F-TR recognized as a class this yr? (The results I've seen show that F-TR comprised 10 of the 26 reported shooters) It looks like, based on the results posting that I've seen, that Scarborough competed everyone by classification and not by class.
The results for the state mid-range championship back in late June show a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd F-TR, so I'm pretty sure they did it for this Regional also. Overall match winner would be whoever scored the highest, regardless of what platform they shot.

Back
Top Bottom