DQ video

The prohibition against pointing your gun up range is not just a range rule -- it is a fundamental safety rule.

Yeah I was going to say, when is it ever a good/safe idea to point a loaded gun up range??...

The prohibition against pointing your gun up range is not just a range rule -- it is a fundamental safety rule.

Even moreso when you sweep others with the muzzle in the process! [laugh]

Like some 180 breaks are what I would call "not really dangerous, but must be enforced because of the consistency of the rules" and then you have like these guys in the video doing tactical pirouettes where they sweep 2 or 3 people, which is pretty bad.

-Mike

Here's one from yesterday at Area 7 that my son earned a DQ. I went over this particular stage with him several times explaining how easy it would be to break the 180. "Muzzle down range,shoulders square". He changed his plan at the buzzer and went left instead of right to start, on the way back he was DQ during a reload. Hopefully he'll learn from this and just maybe he'll listen to dad some damn day, but I doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one from yesterday at Area 7 that my son earned a DQ. I went over this particular stage with him several times explaining how easy it would be to break the 180. "Muzzle down range,shoulders square". He changed his plan at the buzzer and went left instead of right to start, on the way back he was DQ during a reload. Hopefully he'll learn from this and just maybe he'll listen to dad some damn day, but I doubt it.

I hate running backwards with a gun. I avoid it if at all possible. I took the head shot from the back and got lucky. One alpha and a bravo (just barely breaking the perf). Over the years I've been lucky and haven't gotten a DQ but there at least 3 times I could/should have been. I hope Tyler starts listening to Dad.

I really wish we had video from Stage 2 of Knuckle Dragger. He took an amazing head first tumble running from the first port the second port. He did a super human job of keeping the gun pointed downrange. He managed to finish the stage and prevent being "popper ****ed" on stage 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish we had video from Stage 2 of Knuckle Dragger. He took an amazing head first tumble running from the first port the second port. He did a super human job of keeping the gun pointed downrange. He managed to finish the stage and prevent being "popper ****ed" on stage 4.

I'm actually kinda sore today and more scrapped up than I thought. I'm a little too big and a little too old to be hitting the ground that hard. I too am sorry no one got it on video, but I'm just grateful my day didn't end a 9:36 am. That would have sucked and it would have been ugly if I'd dropped the gun or ended up facing up range during the fall.

It was a really good match and it's been a long time since I've enjoyed myself that much shooting.

How did the weather hold out for today?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom