Dream gun

If you were having a wide body "cost is no object" 1911 build and already had an ample supply of pre-ban mags that would take 45, 40, Super and 45:

- What caliber? I am thinking 9x19
- If 9mm of 9x19 a cooler s/n?
- And what would be the ideal optic? Sig Romeo, Trijicon RMR, Trijicon SRO or other?

The third question is more important since I'm leaning strongly towards the 9x19, although I have frame s/n 45 and 9x19 and 9mm on the way. The slide will be customized to the sight so I have to get the later right the first time.

Well, since cost is no object and you're leaning toward 9mm, I'd say 38 super. As for the optic, SRO or Sig Romeo, with a slight nod to the Romeo.

If you were having a wide body "cost is no object" 1911 build and already had an ample supply of pre-ban mags that would take 45, 40, Super and 45:

- What caliber? I am thinking 9x19
- If 9mm of 9x19 a cooler s/n?
- And what would be the ideal optic? Sig Romeo, Trijicon RMR, Trijicon SRO or other?

The third question is more important since I'm leaning strongly towards the 9x19, although I have frame s/n 45 and 9x19 and 9mm on the way. The slide will be customized to the sight so I have to get the later right the first time.
I smell an Infinity 2011 in the works?….

OP, it is your dream gun, built it like you dream it, not like the rest of us dream it.
I just haven't done enough dreaming about slide mounted optics. That Trijicon SRO is interesting but I have never seen one. I'm also concerned about whatever optic I buy being around (as a product, that is) for a long time since there is no adapter place - the slide will be custom build for the optic.

Last edited:
I just haven't done enough dreaming about slide mounted optics. That Trijicon SRO is interesting but I have never seen one. I'm also concerned about whatever optic I buy being around (as a product, that is) for a long time since there is no adapter place - the slide will be custom build for the optic.
As @M1911 said, the footprint for the rmr is the same as for the sro.

I have rnr on my “knapsack gun” and sro on two of my competition guns.

Rmr is smaller and seems more rugged. Sro is easier to pick up dot.

Aesthetically the rectangular lines of the rmr might look better on a 1911.

slide cut is definitely the way to go. C&h precision is local to me, has a good national reputation and has cut three of my slides.

A fourth uses their adapter plate on a factory mos cut so that it’s legal in gssf mos class.

Yes, numbers are a little weird above - I switched an sro from one to another and haven’t bought the fourth optic yet.

EDITED to correct typos from large thumbs on small phone.

Last edited:
Rib, at your next match, look around. Half the carry optics shooters will be using them.

Order all 3 or 4 on Amazon.
Mount them on a rail on another gun and see which one you like the best. Return the rest.

Whatever rAmazon doesn't have, someone here has.

1671547987762.png
1671548234900.png
For my money, these are the best guns I own and are as good as it gets.
Chambers Custom 9mm's. Absolute tackdrivers, toight like a tiger, completely reliable, and a joy to shoot the piss out of.
Chambers makes RDSM plates for RMR, Holosun 509T + 507K, and Acro. (I think he makes an SRO without the irons also)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu31VyXlTzo

Back
Top Bottom