• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Drunk bidding on GunBroker

Ok so I just picked up an awesome Uberti 1873 short rifle in 357. So while I'm at the shop waiting for paperwork to be processed. I naturally figure this gun needs a pistol companion. So I start looking at Ruger Vaqueros. After holding both a 4.75 barrel and 5.5 barrel I decided that the 4.75 barrel had superior balance. That is good because I thought the 5.5 barrel looked better. Anyway, long story short. The shop did not have the 4.75 barrel in .357.
Fast forward.
drinking and celebrating with buddies after work about President DJT.
Awesome!!!
Get home, do family things then relax and start looking through GB and having beers.
Its right there staring me in the face. I bid minimum.
probably own it in about 5 mins.

LOL, hope it's a good deal. If you win, pics or it didn't happen.

I've done much worse when drunk, and we'll just leave it at that...

As a rule I try not to buy anything drunk....anymore. Beers may or may not account for a large amount of my ammo stockpile. I promise not to buy any more until I get rid of a bunch, unless it's a really good deal.

I don't drink but certainly have other justifications for buying items on gunbroker. I blame the C&R license.

Lets see em!! A 357 rifle/revolver combo is on my list too. I bet it will be a hoot!!

If I wasn't trying to buy a short sale house I would probably be burning up my cc on new toys I see late night on various sites

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

If I wasn't trying to buy a short sale house I would probably be burning up my cc on new toys I see late night on various sites

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Once the sale goes through, you'll be free to ruin your credit score like the rest of us!!

About a year ago I was hammered and bought 1,000 rounds of 7.62x39. I didn't remember buying it until my brother called a few days later telling me a package came for me. I regret nothing.

Back
Top Bottom