• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Dumbass In Montana Caught With AK Modified For Full Auto

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
East Helena man pleads guilty to illegal possession of machine gun

On July 4, 2017, officers responded to a call about a man shooting an AK-47-type rifle into the air. He told them he had made changes to the weapon to make it fully automatic because he wanted to see if it worked.

He said he had fired 10 rounds from the rifle and allowed officers to retrieve the the gun from his home. Longdon did not have permission or a license to own the rifle, according to court documents.

For a federal crime involving possession of a machine gun, Longdon faces up to 10 years in prison and a fine of $250,000.

stoopid montana peasant ... should have sold guns to terrorists and uranium to Russians

2cc.jpg

There are ways to function check a machine gun without actually firing it. But if you want to fire it are you telling me there's no way to get far enough away from other people in MT.... Really... Enjoy your minimum sentence in club Fed. What is it - 10 years?

There are ways to function check a machine gun without actually firing it. But if you want to fire it are you telling me there's no way to get far enough away from other people in MT.... Really... Enjoy your minimum sentence in club Fed. What is it - 10 years?

10 years and life ruined for a victimless crime? And we go around the world preaching freedom?

Thats max, and nobody ever gets that, for gun shit. (Absent other factors) If convicted he’ll do 2-3 yrs at worst. It’s still retarded. We get to pay to incarcerate a guy for a “paper“ crime.

Last edited:
We all know if you want to test an illicit firearm (full auto or not) you wait until a thunderstorm, just like Vasily Zietsev would do.

Stupid law, stupid crime - I bet his neighbors have several and no one knows.

Thats max, and nobody ever gets that, for gun shit. (Absent other factors) If convicted he’ll do 2-3 yrs at worst. It’s still retarded. We get to pay to incarcerate a guy for a “paper“ crime.

You are correct BUT, it shouldn't be illegal in the first place.

One of the ultimate WRONG DECISIONS made by congress and insult added to injury by the SCOTUS.

One of the ultimate WRONG DECISIONS made by congress and insult added to injury by the SCOTUS.

I don't disagree with any of that. NFA is pretty much pure bullshit.

His wrong decision was admitting what he did. Even if he lived in a town in Montana and got busted for firing a gun withina certain distance. He never should've said anything about it being full auto

His wrong decision was admitting what he did. Even if he lived in a town in Montana and got busted for firing a gun withina certain distance. He never should've said anything about it being full auto

Well, converting a gun to full auto and testing it in a place like that were bth poor decisions. But, yes, admitting to it might have been the worst of his bad decisions.

Well, converting a gun to full auto and testing it in a place like that were bth poor decisions. But, yes, admitting to it might have been the worst of his bad decisions.
I mean I thought this was America.... Full auto is just twice the fun....

I wonder what the boston police would do if they found an unattached bump stock on the street, first question would they recognize it? Have the entire city go on lockdown?

Full auto has been very heavily regulated since the 1930s. Deliberately breaking those laws is not smart.

But they've been heavily regulated for the reason of taxation.
In 1930, a Tommygun cost $225, which is equivalent of $3220 today, and you could buy them at a hardware store.
The required tax stamp after 1934 was $200, which was almost as much as the gun itself, and not many people had the equivalent of $6000 to plunk down on one during the depression. So the government essentially made them cost prohibitive to the masses.
Not to give them any ideas, but I'm surprised the greedy pigs in DC haven't raised the cost of an NFA stamp to $3000 to keep pace with inflation.

But they've been heavily regulated for the reason of taxation.
In 1930, a Tommygun cost $225, which is equivalent of $3220 today, and you could buy them at a hardware store.
The required tax stamp after 1934 was $200, which was almost as much as the gun itself, and not many people had the equivalent of $6000 to plunk down on one during the depression. So the government essentially made them cost prohibitive to the masses.
Not to give them any ideas, but I'm surprised the greedy pigs in DC haven't raised the cost of an NFA stamp to $3000 to keep pace with inflation.

The government likes to pretend there’s no inflation so they can keep borrowing at 0%.

I wonder what the boston police would do if they found an unattached bump stock on the street, first question would they recognize it? Have the entire city go on lockdown?
I wonder what town you live in, and what Officer Opie would do?

Never laid eyes on a bump stock, myself, but I’m guessing it’s about number 140,000 on the list of “Items found on Boston streets.”

Last edited:

Maybe 10 miles away from him is Hedges Mountain.

Head up Magpie Creek Road toward's Hunter's Gulch and he'd have all the privacy he could ever want for his function test.

The cascading series of bad decisions make it seem unlikely it all just a mistake.

Maybe he recently got laid off, the bank is taking his house and he just wanted a place to live and three squares for 2 to 5 years... Or his wife keeps nagging him to take out the trash, like tomorrow morning isn't good enough [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom