• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Durfee student arrested for BB gun photo

Yeah, this is much more important than dealing with the heroin epidemic in the city. And I've known about that issue since I was 17. I'm 41(even though Caddy Deval figured out a couple years ago that there was an opiate issue here)

That's what happened. I asked In the lockdown thread.
We had a police response of epic proportions.

They let all the kids evacuate. Which was a cluster ****.
Crazy day in the riv is a normal day in the riv.

I'd like a dollar value on the cost of the whole FR response. How about, Smack the kid, tell him to not do it again.. Ground the heck out of him.. Whatever.

So, Am I reading this correctly, the kid brings the air tool to school, takes some kind of picture of it at school, with him in or not in the picture. And sometime after , decides to post said picture on the school site.

Remember this is Massachusetts...

You can violate a 7-year old in the most egregious way, and it is a minor crime, and if charged, which is a stretch, likely will get probation and house arrest.

Now if you own a 15-round mag, that comes standard in many pistols, you are looking at 10-years and being a felon.

I believe it was Mass... A child got suspended by making a gun out of his hand and can't remember if he just made the motion of pulling the trigger or actually went "pow Pow"... But was consider an assault

Just to be clear he was arrested for bringing a BB gun to school (according to the charges), not for taking a picture with one. The clickbait is strong here.

Just to be clear he was arrested for bringing a BB gun to school (according to the charges), not for taking a picture with one. The clickbait is strong here.

Police said the student was charged with carrying a dangerous weapon on school grounds, being a minor in possession of a BB gun, disturbing the peace while armed, and disturbing a school assembly.
Not quite. As usual, let's throw the sh!t at the wall and see what sticks.

Not quite. As usual, let's throw the sh!t at the wall and see what sticks.

"Carrying a dangerous weapon on school grounds" is somehow NOT bringing a BB gun to school? They're making up charges out of thin air?

Only in Massachusetts is a BB gun considered a firearm. This is ridiculous
The definition of "firearm" in 269-10j is more expansive than the definition in other sections of MGL. Anything that fires a projectile, by any means, qualifies under 269-10j. The prosecution will have to prove the bb gun was capable of firing a projectile and possessed on school grounds, or invoke the "but it's guns" doctrine, ,to get a conviction.

"Carrying a dangerous weapon on school grounds" is somehow NOT bringing a BB gun to school? They're making up charges out of thin air?

Did I say that? You said he was arrested for bringing it to school. They arrested him for more than that as far as charges go, which I copy and pasted from the article. A lot of arrests they tack on multiple charges to see what sticks.

"minor in possession of a BB Gun"????

is that a law now or something? I would have been locked up when i was a kid...

We have been warned about this all before, but we did not hear....

Last edited by a moderator:
But, you rape a child you can get out and rape another child in the library in Mass http://www.southcoasttoday.com/article/20090403/news/904030340

Child rape is just misunderstood love to these folks I guess. The more you violate the more loving you are. I don't understand it. I find it sick and perverted to an extent I can't describe, then again, I was described as being a neanderthal once in high school for my simplistic views.

There are few things as vile and dangerous as turning your finger and thump into a form of a gun... pew pew.

So remember... saying things like "Reach for the sky, Pilgrim", "pew pew", "stick 'em up" or "You dirty rat", "bang bang" - All vile heinous and a threat to the moral fiber of society?

Enlightened people say things like "Hey little girl, want some candy" "wanna come in my van and see a puppy", "you mom has been hurt, get in the car and I will take you to her"

See. I was queasy just typing that line. Call me an unenlightened neanderthal.

I will just throw on some Foreigner, sit, contemplate and see if I can figure things out

Last edited by a moderator:
The definition of "firearm" in 269-10j is more expansive than the definition in other sections of MGL. Anything that fires a projectile, by any means, qualifies under 269-10j. The prosecution will have to prove the bb gun was capable of firing a projectile and possessed on school grounds, or invoke the "but it's guns" doctrine, ,to get a conviction.

Hmmmm. We used to shoot rubber bands stretched over our pointer finger. That is a projectile. We also rolled up paper into a tight roll, bent and used that. Technically, since rubber bands were the item that fired these projectiles, rubber bands are fire arms and CVS and Staples are not checking for LTCs

Back
Top Bottom