Durfee student arrested for BB gun photo

Hmmmm. We used to shoot rubber bands stretched over our pointer finger. That is a projectile. We also rolled up paper into a tight roll, bent and used that. Technically, since rubber bands were the item that fired these projectiles, rubber bands are fire arms and CVS and Staples are not checking for LTCs

We used to cut the tips off of shoelaced, cut the plastic piece way down, fray out the cloth part and stick a needle through it and use a straw or pen as a blowgun. I'm sure we'd be labelled terrorists now.

We used to cut the tips off of shoelaced, cut the plastic piece way down, fray out the cloth part and stick a needle through it and use a straw or pen as a blowgun. I'm sure we'd be labelled terrorists now.

We are all terrorists now. The way we think normal should be is obviously broken in the eyes of current society. When I was a small child I wanted nothing more than a plastic gun with a red cocking lever that went ratatatat when the trigger was pulled. I should have just been locked up then...

You are way overthinking this. Did this as well.

Ours was more hand made.

To build - pins, yarn, thread, masking tape, bic pen

Take pin, cut a small inch of yarn. Insert head of pin into base of yarn so yarn is all around pin. Tie yarn to end of pin, like tying a fly. Next, take a 6" or so pieces of masking tape and cut into about an 1/8" strip. Wrap that strip about 2/3rds down the pin so it just fits inside the a pen with the cap and ink removed.

It became an art form for the right balance, but we could get 15'+ most of the time.

After school, we would advance to sky rocket wars. Not bottle rockets, but the larger ones. We would take a nice piece of hobby tube, cut it to about 12" and then have a slightly bigger tube cut to about 4". This was the sheath. You plug one end (rubber stopper stolen from chem lab worked great ) and glued in. Take two pieces of leather, some hose clamps, a piece of metal stripping, and you clamp the tube, to the leather with the stripping backing using the clamps and then add another piece of leather behind that and add either buckles or ties.

This could then be strapped to the forearm to aim. We used the aluminum trash can lids as shields, and had electric igniters by way of battery powered cutters (one kid had an opthamoligist for a dad, and they had these small pens with metal tips that would get hot. Think of it as a battery powered soldering iron. Cut half of the tail off the sky rocket, Drop it in the tube, slide the sheath, ignite the fuse, close the breech, aim and fire.

Kids seriously don't know what fun they are missing

I'm glad the police came to handle the situation. Not sure what planet you guy's are from, but if there's a possibility some kid has a gun in a school it has to be dealt with quick.

What the actual ****? Is that honestly a for-real crime in Two-shits??

Color me surprised as well. Glad I've not let my 17yo DAUGHTER take her pellet gun to the stable to shoot with the owner's son. Really???? I was a criminal before I knew it. Maybe it's a felony and I was felonious before Muuuaaaaarrrahhhh made me extra-felonious.

As far as the gun at school, yes a response is necessary. But a metal detector??? Wouldn't that have been more useful LAST week instead of this week??? Sort of like checking the wind-shear AFTER the plane crashes on take-off.

Hmmmm. We used to shoot rubber bands stretched over our pointer finger. That is a projectile. We also rolled up paper into a tight roll, bent and used that. Technically, since rubber bands were the item that fired these projectiles, rubber bands are fire arms and CVS and Staples are not checking for LTCs
ATF did once issue a "determination" that a shoe lace was an automatic weapon...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm glad the police came to handle the situation. Not sure what planet you guy's are from, but if there's a possibility some kid has a gun in a school it has to be dealt with quick.

Thank you ^^^

I was reading a bunch of post and didnt not understand what is wrong with arresting a kid for bringing a BB gun to school. Why is the kid bringing it to school? Leave it at home and pop off the BB gun in a safe back yard.

Thank you ^^^

I was reading a bunch of post and didnt not understand what is wrong with arresting a kid for bringing a BB gun to school. Why is the kid bringing it to school? Leave it at home and pop off the BB gun in a safe back yard.

Yeah that was a boneheaded move bringing it to school, but the article seems to say that even in his back yard he was breaking the law....simply because he was a kid with a bb gun [sad2]

Back
Top Bottom