Duxbury Police seize guns from old man

This guy will be fine I’m sure they will take it easy on him. The relative might even get the firearms back himself.

The 50 000 rounds were carefully loaded on a truck. At the barracks, the 20 000 rounds were inventoried and sent to inspection, where the 5 000 rounds were analyzed. The 2 000 rounds were then sent back to the state police where it was decided that all 6 boxes of .32 and 4 boxes of 22 WMR would have to be destroyed.

I'll take the .32, please.

Contrary to what most people are saying, the Duxbury Police are very gun friendly. The did what they had to do and I’m sure they didn’t like it more than anyone here. They can’t just turn a blind eye if they walk into a violation, they have to enforce it. The problem is with the state and the laws our politicians have passed, not the police.

Unless it's by another cop. Someone posted on here, not too long ago, that it's against the rules of the craft, to rat on your coworkers,

That said, with the exception of the bomb squad, it was handles pretty decently, considering.

Oh no, call the bomb squad. Ammo, ammo everywhere. Typical small town c***s.
The poor UPS delivery drivers must all be bomb squad certified with all the ammo they have at their distribution centers and on their trucks during these past few months![rofl2]

Target Sports is going to blow! Everyone get out of town![smile]

Thank god there wasn't a half filled gas can in his garage or shed...[laugh]
They would probably evacuate the entire state!:D

Last edited:
Still trying to figure out under why they felt they needed to confiscate the guns but found it perfectly acceptable to have a licensed relative take possession of the ammunition.
They probably want to run the numbers. The legalities are ambiguous about holding guns for someone else without the intent of a transfer, and not doing an eFA-10. Note there is nothing in MGL banning the loan of guns to a properly licensed individual.

As to the subject - the big threat is a 140/131L (storage violation0 as his expired license renders the possession a civil "expired license" charge that is so minor it is rarely filed.

Last edited:
The People’s Republik of Massachusetts sucks. A man lives in MA (possibly) for four score years plus one, lives a crime free life, and gets all his stuff confiscated due to a fall and b/c his license probably expired? I call Elder Abuse! In a just world there would be a way to resolve this without hoopla and confiscation.

I sleep so much more soundly tonight knowing this major threat has been removed from society.

In some other threads there have been suggestions about improving police/ community relationships. Stuff like this with police behavior leading to an equitable resolution with fair economics would help improve relations.

BTW, I wonder how many new gun owners will start to view the popo as the enemy based on gun bigotry behavior?

BTW, I wonder how many new gun owners will start to view the popo as the enemy based on gun bigotry behavior?
The problem is that with cameras, supervisors present, etc. the officer gets put in a box. Failure to report/take action can result in disciplinary action up to and including being fired/career ruined. The demand for "accountability" seriously reduces officer discretion. I'm very thankful that I served in a small town where we were usually the only officer on a scene and that I retired >20 yrs ago so never had to deal with the level of accountability that todays officers deal with.

Only once did my chief try to put me in a "box". Rules were to log mileage at the beginning and end of a shift and I was working with a senior officer who basically said "screw that Mickey Mouse shit" and failed to log our mileage. The chief asked me why we didn't do it on that particular shift and I just responded that he'd have to ask the senior officer . . . he dropped the subject. That senior officer today is a high ranking officer in a different suburban town.

Many here already hate all police due to "gun bigotry behavior", this is nothing new.

Still trying to figure out under why they felt they needed to confiscate the guns but found it perfectly acceptable to have a licensed relative take possession of the ammunition.

Might have been some nice stuff in his collection.
I'm sure it will all find a nice home somewhere.

Doesn’t that require an FFL? Or is that only for a permanent transfer?

I had to collect some firearms from the PD for someone and all they wanted was a letter from the owner. So it could have a simple resolution and we will never know the final outcome as it will never be printed in the media.

Bob

Back
Top Bottom