• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

DVC Limited 9 mm - Just In

These are very hard to get, with the following:
  • 5" Titanium Nitrate barrel
  • Fiber optic front sight and adjustable target rear
  • New standard in Limited Division and fits IPSC box
  • Comes with 2 10-round magazines
  • Dawson tool-less guide rod

DVC Limited.jpg

• New standard in Limited Division and fits IPSC box
With all due respect, the 9x19 is by no means a "new standard" in Limited division since Limited used major/minor scoring, and the 9x19 comes it at minor.

The high end standard in Limited is a STI/SVI/Clone in 40 short & wimpy.

Nice gun.. Unfortunately totally useless with 10 round magazines. What are you going to do with it ... shoot LImited-10? Good news is that you;ll be competing against yourself in 95% of your matches.

Nice gun.. Unfortunately totally useless with 10 round magazines. What are you going to do with it ... shoot LImited-10? Good news is that you;ll be competing against yourself in 95% of your matches.

Ummm. Someone can explain it to you at the next match hopefully.

With all due respect, the 9x19 is by no means a "new standard" in Limited division since Limited used major/minor scoring, and the 9x19 comes it at minor.

The high end standard in Limited is a STI/SVI/Clone in 40 short & wimpy.

I think he's repeating the marketing hype that the STI DVC sets the new standard for Limited guns (vs the old standard, the Edge).

I'd agree that a DVC in 9mm is silly.

I think he's repeating the marketing hype that the STI DVC sets the new standard for Limited guns (vs the old standard, the Edge).

I'd agree that a DVC in 9mm is silly.
The gun design and style, with pre-ban mags, is indeed considered the high end limited setup - though it is not the only brand selling this particular basic design.

DVC Limited 9 mm

The price is $2799.Regarding the IPSC comment, we will chastise STI for including that phraseology in their marketing materials.All purchasers of this gun/caliber and magazine capacity have shot it in Steel Challenge, and other falling steel competitions.

We call it USPSA here in Murica, and we don't use a box. Also, ouch. Gunbroker might show them listed at 28, but market is closer to 26.

Ummm. Someone can explain it to you at the next match hopefully.
Seriously??? I don;t need anybody to explain to me that anybody pushing a DVC Limited in 9MM with 10 round mags as the gun to use in USPSA Limited Division has NO IDEA what they are talking about but are just copying the marketing hype from the manufactures website (http://stiguns.com/guns/dvc-limited/).

If you don;t understand that you would be at a HUGE disadvantage shooting a 9MM gun with 10 round mags in USPSA Limited then (a) maybe you need somebody to explain it to you or (b) try and find one of the 7% of USPSA shooters who compete in Limited-10 and ask them to explain it or (c) go ahead and shoot against the guys running DVC Limiteds in .40 with 17 round magazines and see how you do.

The price is $2799.Regarding the IPSC comment, we will chastise STI for including that phraseology in their marketing materials.All purchasers of this gun/caliber and magazine capacity have shot it in Steel Challenge, and other falling steel competitions.
The identical gun in 40 S&W is a superb USPSA limited gun.

Seriously??? I don;t need anybody to explain to me that anybody pushing a DVC Limited in 9MM with 10 round mags as the gun to use in USPSA Limited Division has NO IDEA what they are talking about but are just copying the marketing hype from the manufactures website (http://stiguns.com/guns/dvc-limited/).

If you don;t understand that you would be at a HUGE disadvantage shooting a 9MM gun with 10 round mags in USPSA Limited then (a) maybe you need somebody to explain it to you or (b) try and find one of the 7% of USPSA shooters who compete in Limited-10 and ask them to explain it or (c) go ahead and shoot against the guys running DVC Limiteds in .40 with 17 round magazines and see how you do.

Its not a HUGE disadvantage, hell with the typical 8 round array move 8 round array, it not even a big disadvantage.

17 round mags in limited...who shoots with 17 rounds in Limited?

Anyways...sweet gun. Be good for 3 gun too

Its not a HUGE disadvantage, hell with the typical 8 round array move 8 round array, it not even a big disadvantage.

17 round mags in limited...who shoots with 17 rounds in Limited?

Anyways...sweet gun. Be good for 3 gun too
8 round array..move.. 8 round array... Who shoots 17 rounds in Limited? I really don't know how to respond to that. You shoot Limited with as many rounds as you can stuff into a 140MM magazine. Anything less is handicapping yourself.

Are we talking about the same sport? See attached Area 6 championship video and explain to me how shooting a 10 round magazine vs the standard capacity 17 round magazine is not a serious disadvantage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me4RNv5AkKc

8 round array..move.. 8 round array... Who shoots 17 rounds in Limited? I really don't know how to respond to that. You shoot Limited with as many rounds as you can stuff into a 140MM magazine. Anything less is handicapping yourself.

Are we talking about the same sport? See attached Area 6 championship video and explain to me how shooting a 10 round magazine vs the standard capacity 17 round magazine is not a serious disadvantage.

Wow you are pretty fast in that video. Let me rethink my answer

At any serious level of competition something is either a disadvantage or not - the concept of "not a serious disadvantage" doesn't really exist.'

Back when there was talk of limiting shooters to 10 rounds, the argument was basically "10 round is not a disadvantage, and don't you dare take away the advantage I paid big money for by limiting me to 10 rounds".

First, I was referring to pre-ban mags. STI mags aren't marked. Second, check the results of local matches and see how production guys regularly beat limited and open guys, since you brought up the topic.

First, I was referring to pre-ban mags. STI mags aren't marked. Second, check the results of local matches and see how production guys regularly beat limited and open guys, since you brought up the topic.

At one recent local match, a singlestack shooter (8 round mags) won overall, in a GM and M class field.

Wow you are pretty fast in that video. Let me rethink my answer

Well after careful consideration, I have decided to go with bill o's and SJan's opinions on this, as they are both master level USPSA shooters...unless you are a GM, are you a GM? I heard they know it all

Back
Top Bottom