• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ear Protection muffs: Howard Leight

KBCraig

NES Member
So, I needed some new earpro for a range trip. I hate plugs (none fit my ears well), so I looked at various muffs. I found some that are branded "Howard Leight by Sperian", and got the L3. They have a noise reduction rating of 30.

Holy moly, these things are like a sensory deprivation chamber! They're also very comfortable, well padded, and work fine with eyewear.

My others (inconveniently in NH while I'm in TX) are either electronic, or your garden variety 20-24 NRR muffs.

These are far from low profile, so they might not work well for shooting clays, or some rifle work, but I will definitely keep them for first time shooters who might flinch at the boom.

Academy - Howard Leight Leightning Series L3 Earmuffs

We have these at work for working in the Central Plant. They really work very well when working near the two 1200 ton chillers in our plant.

very nice ear pros i forget the model of the ones im wearing the electronic ones there very quick to adjusting to high sound from either me or others around me and if its just you and another person they let you hear a pin drop very well worth the money

So, I needed some new earpro for a range trip. I hate plugs (none fit my ears well), so I looked at various muffs. I found some that are branded "Howard Leight by Sperian", and got the L3. They have a noise reduction rating of 30.

Holy moly, these things are like a sensory deprivation chamber! They're also very comfortable, well padded, and work fine with eyewear.

My others (inconveniently in NH while I'm in TX) are either electronic, or your garden variety 20-24 NRR muffs.

These are far from low profile, so they might not work well for shooting clays, or some rifle work, but I will definitely keep them for first time shooters who might flinch at the boom.

Academy - Howard Leight Leightning Series L3 Earmuffs

just ordered L3's to be used in conjunction with my Ear Safety Systems Custom Plugs

I used to have a pair of those, until I loaned them to a friend. He liked them so much I let him keep them. I replaced them with the 3M Peltor H10A Optime muff. They have same NRR and I managed to snag them for a little under $17 off of Amazon last year. They work very well for me, seem about the same comfort-wise. The Leight L3's may have a slightly softer cushion, but it is hard to tell without having them side by side.

Back
Top Bottom