Easy Magazine Identification

So I sold my G19 (kept mos the mags) and bought a G23 and a 9mm conversion barrel. Now the issue came up about quickly and easily identifying which mags were .40 and which were 9mm. I saw some blue and orange baseplates at $4 each, also there are aluminum ones which can be anodized and/or engraved but those are $20-25 each which gets pricy when you are talking about a dozen magazines. The aluminum would also scratch and nick easily during shoots since at my range the ground is covered in crushed stone.

I thought of tape or using a marker but what I found were these:
IMAG2647.jpg

Nice bright and easily visible if the mags are in my safe or range bag. At just $6 for half a dozen I could care less if they get a little dinged during use.

While searching their online shop I also found these and figured again for $6 why not give it a try:
IMAG2654.jpg

They just cover the witness holes in the mag to keep out dirt. I put them on the 9mm mags first and noticed it made seeing the corresponding number to the witness hole difficult to see. On the .40 mags I bought one of those fine point pens filled with paint and used that to make the numbers easier to see.

I want to distinguish the 1911 mags I reserve for ball ammo,
from those reserved for JHP.

I'm going with these labels:

TGT-101-logo100.jpg

-vs-

People_Magazine_Logo-147x147.JPG

Are those stickers you put on the back of the mags? I'd be concerned about them working loose and causing the magazine to get stuck in the pistol and making a big mess.
If I label mags it's either in a recessed section, on the floor plate, or in silver sharpie.

Back
Top Bottom