• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

**EDIT: CLOSURE!** Renewed LTC in Boston 5 months ago, still haven't heard anything, coming up on expiry

Doesn't that require that the date on the MIRCS receipt is early enough? The OP's original license expired 9/15. A 90 day extension would get him to 12/14. If the clerk ran the MIRCS transaction on Friday, it would be dated 12/18, unless there's a way to backdate it in MIRCS.

Or am I missing something?
You are correct. It is based on when the PD enters your data in MIRCS.. Date they print the receipt isn’t relevant.

She didn't say it would be illegal or I shouldn't carry, just that she might recommend against it. Yes, the receipt says it fine, but my license comes up as expired and it only takes one cop who wants to make a name for themself and doesn't fully understand the MIRCS receipt or ignores it fully to make it a sticky situation.

ONLY the MIRCS receipt gives you the infinite grace period. There is no special grace period due to COVID. That receipt gives you nothing, sad to say.

Contact GOAL and Comm2A, and you should be a member of both, and let them know. You might get added to the current lawsuit.

Good luck.
The law simply says receipt.

The MIRCS receipt is the only one that is accompanied by entry into MIRCS as "renewal in progress" and will allow you to purchase guns and ammo.

Any other receipt might, emphasis might, provide for a effective defense against a carry/possess beyond the grace period. Maybe. Possibly.

She didn't say it would be illegal or I shouldn't carry, just that she might recommend against it.
nj2suejabysy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom