eForm 1 on a home built suppressor?

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Has anyone here done it? Is there any thing special you have state on the form?

I will have access to some tools this spring and am toying with the idea of making my own can. I have read some of the DIY threads on arfcom and I don't think it would be too hard.

ScottS

NES Member
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Nothing special on the eForm 1. You list "MFI" as "Manufacturer Code," to indicate "Manufactured on Form 1," and you can choose from a large list of already-submitted model names (some of them quite funny), or come up with your own.

The important/distinct things you provide for a Form 1 suppressor are Model, Caliber, and Serial Number. You assign all three yourself.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0

I will have access to some tools this spring and am toying with the idea of making my own can. I have read some of the DIY threads on arfcom and I don't think it would be too hard.

i smell... a party.

let's get all trusty.

allen-1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0

I'm thinking Mass sux worse than CT if you have to file paperwork for cutting up and stuffing a 2-liter soda bottle. Best advice, use a coca-cola bottle, it's the real thing (tm).

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
You guys in NH, especially in the smaller towns, should not have a problem getting LE sign off on the Form 1. Hell of a lot of folks in free states building suppressors. Jack.

But even in free states or places with reasonable chiefs of police, doing the Form 1 with a trust makes sense because it lets you e-File the Form 1. e-Filed forms are being processed in about a month, while paper forms are taking 3-4.

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
You guys in NH, especially in the smaller towns, should not have a problem getting LE sign off on the Form 1. Hell of a lot of folks in free states building suppressors. Jack.

yeah, ed and i both have trusts though. that way we can e-file. [cheers]

when i can spend money again i want to get seriously weird with some new toys.

edmorseiii

Navy Veteran
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Thank you guys for the info. This is encouraging, I am looking forward to this project. I will dig around the other forums so I don't clutter this one up asking questions that have already been answered.

I am thinking a .45 can to use on pistol caliber carbines.

Rating - 100%
31   0   1
I'm thinking Mass sux worse than CT if you have to file paperwork for cutting up and stuffing a 2-liter soda bottle. Best advice, use a coca-cola bottle, it's the real thing (tm).

CT does not suck at all when it comes to cans. There are no regulations regarding them at all, other than a common prohibition on hunting with them.

Mass really sucks because even if you file paperwork (i.e. Form 1 or Form 3), you still can't own one legally in MA unless you are either an 07 FFL or a Sworn LEO using a department owned can in official duties.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartIV/TitleI/Chapter269/Section10A

Also, CT NFA trusts are cheap, easy and common, so you avoid that whole CLEO signoff as well as prints and a picture.

Don

p.s. I'm not saying CT is great. But lets keep it factual. CT is a 5h1tty place to own guns. But as far as silencers and carrying go, its pretty good.

Last edited:
Top Bottom