Eight Point Sportsmen's Club

I'm researching few clubs in the worecter/Shrewsbury area and came across Eight Point Sportsmen's Club in sterling, MA. I like the fact that there is not a new memebr fee in addition to the annual fee. Any thoughts/feed back is appreciated.

My Uncle used to shoot trap at that club.
My Uncle was a demanding guy (May he +RIP) and had no tolerance for anything half-arsed -- for me that's endorsement enough.

Looks cheap but also does not seem to have a lot to offer. No indoor range to start with so unless you like to freeze you wont be shooting in the winter months.
60 bucks is hard to beat though. I may take a drive over there to check it out.

I belong to North Leominster Rod and Gun. It's a bit of a drive, but a nice range.

50, 100, 200 yard rifle range. The pistol range has steel plates that are pretty fun to shoot. They also have a pretty nice trap/skeet area.
http://northleominsterrodandgunclub.com/

The fees to become a member there aren't too bad compared to most places, and I don't believe they have a "new member" fee either.

I was a member at Eight Point for a year. Good club. "Tom the care taker" lives on site and watches over things, cleans the ranges, keeps up on the grounds & buildings etc etc.

It has a nice indoor club, with a kitchen and bar downstairs. Function hall is upstairs, and is pretty nice for a really old club.

Trap is what's happening there. The guys there love it. As far as the shooting ranges, there is a 25, 50, 75 & 100 yard range. There is nothing in between though. So, if you are there by yourself doing close shooting like 10yards away with a pistol, and someone else shows up to shoot, you have to get off the range obviously. That was the downfall.

There aren't a whole lot of members though. I stopped going there because Sterling was too far from Worcester every time I wanted to shoot.

A huge plus though, is there is no meetings, no being voted on, nothing to join. Just mail them or drop off your $65, and your a member. They will mail you your membership card. That's it. Easy as pie. No RO"s up your ass being FUDD's. Just Tom the care taker and that's it. He's a great guy, and always has a good story.

If you're looking for a laid back club, where no one will bother you, Eight Point is it.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the responses. For now I'm interested in shooting pistols, I got my class A Last May and just bought an M&P last Saturday. I really liked WPRC but the membership fee is really high and the process to join is too slow, Eight point does not have an indoor range and I don't like to be outside during winter month. What about Auburn Sportsman's club? I checked the web site and the facilities look nice.

Thank you for all the responses. For now I'm interested in shooting pistols, I got my class A Last May and just bought an M&P last Saturday. I really liked WPRC but the membership fee is really high and the process to join is too slow, Eight point does not have an indoor range and I don't like to be outside during winter month. What about Auburn Sportsman's club? I checked the web site and the facilities look nice.

it really isnt that expensive. If you attend a couple of the work parties it can be as cheap as $100 a year. That is less than $2 a week and for the most part there is none of the BS you hear about at a lot of the other clubs.
I like the fact that it is just a shooting club, nothing else.

I joined here last week...got a temporary club ID until voted in sometime in Dec but i can still use the ranges with this.
Was going to join Riverside in Hudson but right now the $$ isn't there this winter. I don't mind going when it's cold. I will only go maybe twice a month this winter anyways

It's for my Pistol. If the range is empty i will stand a tad closer to the 25 yards

Last edited:
I'm a member here and it's a nice simple, quiet club. No sponsor is needed and its cheap. There is hardly anyone ever there when I go .

I'm a member here and it's a nice simple, quiet club. No sponsor is needed and its cheap. There is hardly anyone ever there when I go .

Main reason i chose it. Not many members. Can hopefully go on a random weekday at a random time to use my M&P 9 for a bit closer then 25 yards. If not i will just shoot at 25. And the cold keeps all the rookies away!

I was just welcomed into the club and will be voted in a full member. I just took myself out on a 2nd Tuesday night of the month, met people, and paid for my first membership on the spot. I'm very happy so far. The folks are great, seem very passionate and the club seems well run. I attended the open meeting that night, and they expressed decent plans and budgets for the year on many individual interest activities. Send me a pm if you're in the area and thinking of joining. -B

Back
Top Bottom