Elite Indoor Gun Range

Located in South Kingstown, RI we have 16 fully automated shooting lanes with touch screen target control. All 16 lanes have a full 25 yards to the target and are rated up to and including sustained 50BMG fire. Our Platinum level memberships provide access to a member's lounge with a floor to ceiling stone fireplace, leather furniture, and private 4 season porch with and additional fireplace. All of our memberships cover your range time and give you access from 9am to 9pm seven days a week. We are also open to the public and have an extensive rental gun selection.

Find out more at Elite's website or contact us at 401-213-1600

Holly Molly, with those prices, let's hope upstairs includes private gentlemens club by the fireside.

Looks like a nice range but I would expect 24/7 access for that price. I wish you luck, at least you will keep the riff raff out.

harry

Elite, welcome to New England's Premier Shooting Forum!

I don't know if the poster has a member account here at NES but it is a fantastic place for like minded people in this corner of the country.

The range is a little outside my boundaries price and distance wise for a local club. Wishing you all the best with membership activities.

You can get your own forum section when you support NES with a membership.

Dealer / Instructor memberships are available . The benefits include all of the regular NES Member benefits and...

Dealer/Instructor membership gives you your own forum in the Dealers or Instructors forum to list items for sale at your place of business or list training courses. You will also have moderator rights in your forum.

https://www.northeastshooters.com/v...ctor-Memberships?p=69788&viewfull=1#post69788

Hi all!

Thank you for checking it out! I just picked up the dealer/instructor membership and I am very excited to be on board with NES! The Platinum membership does in fact include a private lounge area [thumbsup] I would definitely encourage anyone in the area to stop in and check it out, I promise the facilities reflect the price.

-Sven

Take a lesson from Weston, 24/7 access and ammo vending machines (but I wouldn't join Weston, too expensive)

The price for this place seems to be in line with what private full service "membership" places that are business, rather than non-profit clubs, charge. Weston Shooters Club and Cape Gun Works are in the same ballpark. For that money you get a more modern ventilation system; a lack of grunge; broken stuff tends to get fixed quickly; and nobody asks you to show up for a work party. The downside is that that you are not really a "member" but rather a "customer".

The price for this place seems to be in line with what private full service "membership" places that are business, rather than non-profit clubs, charge. Weston Shooters Club and Cape Gun Works are in the same ballpark. For that money you get a more modern ventilation system; a lack of grunge; broken stuff tends to get fixed quickly; and nobody asks you to show up for a work party. The downside is that that you are not really a "member" but rather a "customer".

Different strokes, and all that.

Good luck.

Hey....OP...you should Karma a membership or two! [wink]

Hi All! Thank you very much for the encouragement and checking out the range. I'll see what I can put together for the Karma section. Always happy to give back any way we can. As far as the customer versus member aspect, I understand where that comes from, however my cousin James and I work very hard to keep and maintain personal relationships with all of our members at Peace Dale Shooting Preserve and will continue that with our management of Elite Indoor Gun Range.

Although we live north of boston we have a house on Point Judith (Narragansett). I took my daughter to Peace Dale Shooting Preserve last summer and it was awesome. I heard about the new construction at Elite. My wife and I toured the new building labor day weekend and she was like you have to join. So we did. The indoor range is awesome. The have gun lockers on site for the top tier membership as well as some for rental I think. The building is awesome psot and beam construction. I look forward to going down for the opening in November. I will take pics and post here.

Welcome to NES!

The facility looks great and think that clubs like this are exactly what the shooting sports need. It encourages an upscale group of members and their families to enjoy shooting in a very nice environment.
I would join a club like this in a minute if it had a fitness room and maybe a dry sauna and showers.
I don't think the price is out of line for the type of place it is. It is not like it is priced like a country club.

I wish you the very best of luck.

It is not like it is priced like a country club.
Country clubs generally have an initiation fee, dues, and a monthly spending minimum (you are billed if you spend less than this in the restaurant and pro shop in a month)

Country clubs generally have an initiation fee, dues, and a monthly spending minimum (you are billed if you spend less than this in the restaurant and pro shop in a month)

I have quite a few friends and associates who are members. I hate golf. Holds no interest for me.

Just thought you deplorables would like some recent pictures of the construction at Elite. These are their pictures, stolen off their FB page. I don't think they will mind me sharing them here.

I took another tour today, it's looking great for an early December opening. I got to play with the Action Target System, it's awesome, programmable for all kinds of moving / turning targets. Also each target is individually lighted, and can be controlled as part of the program.

As others have mentioned, there is a lot of investment here, and everything seems to be well thought out.

9GO5DYI.jpg

tq8lHSE

7Q1QZi4

IDEyVZR.jpg

Ln8AvGc.jpg

TxFKNgT.jpg

E36WUAP.jpg

It has been said that the best way to make a small fortune in the gun range business is to start with a large one.

I know two people who tried this as a full time venture - on in VA and one in CA. They eventually gave it up.

I respect the balls of anyone who has the guts to pull something like this off.

It has been said that the best way to make a small fortune in the gun range business is to start with a large one.

I know two people who tried this as a full time venture - on in VA and one in CA. They eventually gave it up.

I respect the balls of anyone who has the guts to pull something like this off.

I shot there yesterday, 1/2/2018. Range is very nice. Rated for 50BMG and they have one for rent if you want to try. A lot of firearms for rent. They are still in soft open mode. Grand opening is this Saturday, 1/6/2018. I am planning on being there. My family did choose the premium membership which includes access to the private lounge and rifle storage on site. Everything is top notch. The preserve has been very successful under this management team but I have the same concern, that with the level of capital investment that went into this facility is the business there too support it.

One revenue stream that seems to have popped up is that a number of law enforcement agencies state and local have asked for range time for training since the range lighting, sound system, and target carriers can be programmed for a number of scenarios. Also they have two state of the art class rooms for training. All and all very nice.

A friend took me there and toured around the sporting clays course (Peacedale) and then we went in and explored the shop and ranges. Top quality everywhere you look. The ranges were as modern as anything I have seen and the people there were fantastic. I look forward to going back. [thumbsup]

One revenue stream that seems to have popped up is that a number of law enforcement agencies state and local have asked for range time for training since the range lighting, sound system, and target carriers can be programmed for a number of scenarios. Also they have two state of the art class rooms for training. All and all very nice.

Yes, but LE is used to getting things for free, not paying for them. The other alternative is that they get grant money from the state/feds to rent a range for practice. AFS had this deal for a while until the grant money ran out and then they were gone. MCJTC (precursor to MPTC) was an training department using AFS and a very good friend was the director of the police academies who told me that they liked the place (they used the trainer that shot back) but couldn't afford to use it once the grant expired.

Back
Top Bottom