email from the AG

I followed the link but could not submit a donation in the following amount: -$100.00
It didn't like the minus. [wink]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Lo

Son was killed at Simon's Rock in 1992.

Those killed in the shooting were student Galen Gibson, 18, and teacher Ñacuñán Sáez, 37. Gibson was a poetry major from Gloucester, Massachusetts, while Sáez was an Argentine-born Spanish professor. Those wounded were the receptionist Teresa Beavers, 40, and students Thomas McElderry, 19, Joshua A. Faber, 17, and Matthew Lee David, 18.

Best would be a picture of your donation to NRA or, even better, to Trump.
This will send them into fits of howling rage.

That is a much better suggestion than any body fluids.
I've enclosed copies of my checks to the NRA, CCDL and SAF when writing letters to my congress-critters. It's a less than subtle statement that I WILL put my money where my mouth is.

Anyone else notice she is now referencing a wood stock, fixed mag, semiautomatic as a weapon of war?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Yep, next addition to her enforcement notice is "semi auto". Wait, she already did that.

Also, it's pretty apparent that the "people's lawyer" wants to be the "people's governor", why else would she be amassing such a large war chest? It isn't to pay off the lawyers fees she's accumulating during her follies, I can tell you that.

Apparently his son was a "Poetry Major" so full of promise at Simon's Rock College. The father wrote a book titled "Gone Boy" on the shooting which is available from Amazon resellers for $.01. At the time he felt the College was to blame so he filed a civil lawsuit against the college. So after trying to make money off a book and squeezing the College he is now a shill for Healey. Apparently it was the gun after all.
You can google all this crap. But be prepared to throw up in your mouth a little.

Here is a picture of him from his book jacket:

250px-Greggibson.jpg

Attachments

• 250px-Greggibson.jpg
    250px-Greggibson.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Also, it's pretty apparent that the "people's lawyer" wants to be the "people's governor", why else would she be amassing such a large war chest? It isn't to pay off the lawyers fees she's accumulating during her follies, I can tell you that.

well as we all know, taxpayers will foot the bill. there was a quote from her office that moneys they recovered from evil business were paying. shouldn't that cash go to the general fund??? (maybe something you folks @ GOAL could look into mike)

400k gun owners in mass. let's figure conservatively 50% vote, and 90% voted for baker. thats 175k votes he'll never get again.

he beat coakley by 40k votes, and she was as flawed as hillary. 1 and done charlie. maura's the next governor.

and i hope to hell i'm wrong

Anyone else notice she is now referencing a wood stock, fixed mag, semiautomatic as a weapon of war?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
The sad part is that she would actually be right, the sks as is was/is used a weapon by military forces. Semi auto AR's and AK's never where used by any military ..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

The sad part is that she would actually be right, the sks as is was/is used a weapon by military forces. Semi auto AR's and AK's never where used by any military

Lever action rifles were used by the US cavalry ~1850-1914 and nearly every single bolt action FUDD hunting rifle sold in the US is a sporterized copy of the various Mauser battle rifles developed from the 1880s onward.

Going back to colonial times there was little difference between private arms and the arms used by the military other than arsenal standardized parts; which made gunsmiths in the employment of the military have an easier job maintaining large numbers of rifles with all the hand fitting necessary prior to the existence of true interchangeable parts.

well as we all know, taxpayers will foot the bill. there was a quote from her office that moneys they recovered from evil business were paying. shouldn't that cash go to the general fund??? (maybe something you folks @ GOAL could look into mike)

400k gun owners in mass. let's figure conservatively 50% vote, and 90% voted for baker. thats 175k votes he'll never get again.

he beat coakley by 40k votes, and she was as flawed as hillary. 1 and done charlie. maura's the next governor.

and i hope to hell i'm wrong

4 hundred thousand gun owners in this state and not even 10% belong to GOAL, therein lies the problem!

4 hundred thousand gun owners in this state and not even 10% belong to GOAL, therein lies the problem!

His math is off, 400K have licenses, many of those will be straight liberals who are behind her 100% and don't care about guns past a hobby. Plenty of the rest are fudds, who are behind her and don't think anyone needs more than a bolt action deer rifle or pump shotgun. The rest of us who care about the right as written are a vocal minority in MA and that makes it tough to get real changes, politicians know we cant hurt them that much.

politicians know we cant hurt them that much.
Remember Cheryl Jacques always won on a platform including "I do not want, and do not seek votes from GOAL or NRA members". And, Rep Linsky who borders on the insane when it comes to anti gun bills introduced always wins handily.

Remember Cheryl Jacques always won on a platform including "I do not want, and do not seek votes from GOAL or NRA members". And, Rep Linsky who borders on the insane when it comes to anti gun bills introduced always wins handily.

Yup, not enough people and too spread out to make a voting block that makes them afraid.

He is back!:

How a killer and the Gloucester man whose son he killed teamed up on gun reform - The Boston Globe
GLOUCESTER — One day last spring, Greg Gibson went to visit the man who murdered his son.
It was the second time Gibson had made the 90-minute drive from his home in Gloucester to MCI Norfolk to see Wayne Lo, who is serving two life sentences for the 1992 shooting spree at Bard College at Simon’s Rock.
On this Norfolk visit, with Lo’s cooperation, Greg Gibson was accompanied by a camera crew. Together, the killer and the man whose son he killed were going to make a video.
Gibson and Lo’s relationship, such as it is, is not a friendship. It is not a study in forgiveness or reconciliation or even grief. And it’s definitely not about — what’s that word everyone uses? — closure.

No, since the first letter from Lo arrived almost 20 years ago, their relationship has simply been a transaction. And so Gibson, an author, antiquarian book dealer, and survivor-activist with Everytown for Gun Safety, came to the prison to get something he wanted. It’s something he’d been hoping to find ever since that night in December, 25 years ago: a message about America’s gun laws that might finally make a difference.

“He’s told me over and over again the most horrible thing was how easy it was to get the gun,” Gibson said in an interview last week. “About five years ago I get this idea: Jesus, that would be a powerful message.” So Gibson came to capture it.

Lo was 18 and, like Galen Gibson, a student at Simon’s Rock. But Lo, who later said he was being instructed by God, walked into a gun shop that afternoon in December and walked out with an SKS rifle. He brought it back to his dorm room, where he’d stockpiled 180 rounds of ammunition and equipment that he’d had delivered to campus, and made a simple modification that allowed the SKS to accept 30-round magazines.

He was hearing voices. He’d never fired a gun before. And with a couple hundred dollars and very little effort, he was armed for combat.

It shouldn’t be so easy: This, at its most basic, is the message Gibson has been trying to share — hoping, for years, that some particular combination of words and sounds and images, some special incantation, might spur change. And yet, there are a lot of places in America where someone like Lo could still do exactly this, or worse. Frankly, the SKS Lo bought pales in many ways to the kind of firepower someone could quickly amass today.

Gibson would like this message, perhaps through video, to reach the 80 percent or so of Americans who tell pollsters they support a bevy of gun law reforms like universal background checks and assault weapons bans. They ought to be reachable; in theory, they have already been reached.

But a great many of them are clearly not “putting down their clickers and writing to their senators,” Gibson said. They are not becoming single-issue voters. They want to buy the grand vision Gibson, Lo, and survivors from Parkland and too many other places are selling. But they don’t actually follow through.

“After Sandy Hook, they started sending teddy bears … Newtown was barraged with teddy bears,” Gibson said. “And I said, ‘Hey, how about calling your senator?’ … Nah, I think I’d rather send a teddy bear.’”
The video was produced by a professional documentary filmmaker, Mark J. Davis, who declined to accept a check from Gibson’s fund-raising efforts as payment, instead putting the money toward a longer project. It is Gibson’s second attempt to use Lo’s story of regret and easy access to powerful weaponry to move the gun safety needle. In 2017, the first meeting between the two men was captured by the nonprofit StoryCorps.

“All he did was cry,” Gibson said of that first attempt. “I’m standing there and thinking to myself, ‘For Christ’s sake, will you stop crying, I need some audio.’”

In the new five-minute video, Lo does not cry.

“I was a coward,” he says, after Gibson asks why he chose a gun instead of, say, a baseball bat. “I wanted to inflict pain on others, but I didn’t want to be personal about it.” Lo says he knew he wasn’t old enough to buy a handgun, but that he could get a rifle. He’d seen ads in the newspaper for them.

“They were cheap. The ammunition was cheap,” Lo tells Gibson. “The 30-round clips were cheap. There’s an easy way to make it into a military-style weapon.” High-capacity magazines like that are now illegal in Massachusetts — as, with a few caveats, are the kinds of weapons typically used in the many mass shootings all over America since.

Today in Massachusetts, buying a rifle requires obtaining a Firearms Identification Card, approved by the local police department (Lo was not a Massachusetts resident when he purchased the SKS here, which actually made his path easier by eliminating some requirements for residents; that loophole has since been closed). But in many states, Lo’s path to murder would be no more difficult now than it was in 1992. For about the same money, plus a short drive into New Hampshire, someone like Lo could today amass an even more powerful arsenal.

“I’m responsible, I want to make that clear. I’m responsible for it,” Lo says in the video. “But there was help along the way. ... It was easy. It’s just too easy.”

He is back!:

How a killer and the Gloucester man whose son he killed teamed up on gun reform - The Boston Globe
GLOUCESTER — One day last spring, Greg Gibson went to visit the man who murdered his son.
It was the second time Gibson had made the 90-minute drive from his home in Gloucester to MCI Norfolk to see Wayne Lo, who is serving two life sentences for the 1992 shooting spree at Bard College at Simon’s Rock.
On this Norfolk visit, with Lo’s cooperation, Greg Gibson was accompanied by a camera crew. Together, the killer and the man whose son he killed were going to make a video.
Gibson and Lo’s relationship, such as it is, is not a friendship. It is not a study in forgiveness or reconciliation or even grief. And it’s definitely not about — what’s that word everyone uses? — closure.

No, since the first letter from Lo arrived almost 20 years ago, their relationship has simply been a transaction. And so Gibson, an author, antiquarian book dealer, and survivor-activist with Everytown for Gun Safety, came to the prison to get something he wanted. It’s something he’d been hoping to find ever since that night in December, 25 years ago: a message about America’s gun laws that might finally make a difference.

“He’s told me over and over again the most horrible thing was how easy it was to get the gun,” Gibson said in an interview last week. “About five years ago I get this idea: Jesus, that would be a powerful message.” So Gibson came to capture it.

Lo was 18 and, like Galen Gibson, a student at Simon’s Rock. But Lo, who later said he was being instructed by God, walked into a gun shop that afternoon in December and walked out with an SKS rifle. He brought it back to his dorm room, where he’d stockpiled 180 rounds of ammunition and equipment that he’d had delivered to campus, and made a simple modification that allowed the SKS to accept 30-round magazines.

He was hearing voices. He’d never fired a gun before. And with a couple hundred dollars and very little effort, he was armed for combat.

It shouldn’t be so easy: This, at its most basic, is the message Gibson has been trying to share — hoping, for years, that some particular combination of words and sounds and images, some special incantation, might spur change. And yet, there are a lot of places in America where someone like Lo could still do exactly this, or worse. Frankly, the SKS Lo bought pales in many ways to the kind of firepower someone could quickly amass today.

Gibson would like this message, perhaps through video, to reach the 80 percent or so of Americans who tell pollsters they support a bevy of gun law reforms like universal background checks and assault weapons bans. They ought to be reachable; in theory, they have already been reached.

But a great many of them are clearly not “putting down their clickers and writing to their senators,” Gibson said. They are not becoming single-issue voters. They want to buy the grand vision Gibson, Lo, and survivors from Parkland and too many other places are selling. But they don’t actually follow through.

“After Sandy Hook, they started sending teddy bears … Newtown was barraged with teddy bears,” Gibson said. “And I said, ‘Hey, how about calling your senator?’ … Nah, I think I’d rather send a teddy bear.’”
The video was produced by a professional documentary filmmaker, Mark J. Davis, who declined to accept a check from Gibson’s fund-raising efforts as payment, instead putting the money toward a longer project. It is Gibson’s second attempt to use Lo’s story of regret and easy access to powerful weaponry to move the gun safety needle. In 2017, the first meeting between the two men was captured by the nonprofit StoryCorps.

“All he did was cry,” Gibson said of that first attempt. “I’m standing there and thinking to myself, ‘For Christ’s sake, will you stop crying, I need some audio.’”

In the new five-minute video, Lo does not cry.

“I was a coward,” he says, after Gibson asks why he chose a gun instead of, say, a baseball bat. “I wanted to inflict pain on others, but I didn’t want to be personal about it.” Lo says he knew he wasn’t old enough to buy a handgun, but that he could get a rifle. He’d seen ads in the newspaper for them.

“They were cheap. The ammunition was cheap,” Lo tells Gibson. “The 30-round clips were cheap. There’s an easy way to make it into a military-style weapon.” High-capacity magazines like that are now illegal in Massachusetts — as, with a few caveats, are the kinds of weapons typically used in the many mass shootings all over America since.

Today in Massachusetts, buying a rifle requires obtaining a Firearms Identification Card, approved by the local police department (Lo was not a Massachusetts resident when he purchased the SKS here, which actually made his path easier by eliminating some requirements for residents; that loophole has since been closed). But in many states, Lo’s path to murder would be no more difficult now than it was in 1992. For about the same money, plus a short drive into New Hampshire, someone like Lo could today amass an even more powerful arsenal.

“I’m responsible, I want to make that clear. I’m responsible for it,” Lo says in the video. “But there was help along the way. ... It was easy. It’s just too easy.”
[rolleyes][puke]

Back
Top Bottom