Employees not doing their job correctly, wrong person denied.

I read a recent story that the FBI has recently begun denying NICS BGC based on things like being on the no-fly list and other lists, things that bypass any due process.

I read a recent story that the FBI has recently begun denying NICS BGC based on things like being on the no-fly list and other lists, things that bypass any due process.
I know Trump was interested in doing this at one point, and met with the NRA about it, and also endorsed notifying the FBI if anyone who has been investigated by the FBI buys a gun, but I don't think it was actually implemented.

Not sure if Biden could do this via EO, I would assume no, but who knows.

So I got denied a purchase for a new gun from a dealer, are there any other options no idea why I got denied very strange
Who is the dealer? Some dealers are real hard a**es and will tell you no if you don't eventually get a proceed. Even if the clock has run out with no response.

Find out why. You need to know this before moving forward.

So I got denied a purchase for a new gun from a dealer, are there any other options no idea why I got denied very strange
There are websites for face-to-face gun sales. Gun shows are an other option. You can get some good deals with private sales. Remember, cash is king! Bring a "wad" and do some negotiating.

No DUIs, Mira rest years ago that was dropped was told by my fire arms detective in my town that it was nothing it wouldn’t affect anything
Well....What's a "Mira rest" or am I misreading something. Op appears to have something in their record.

There are websites for face-to-face gun sales. Gun shows are an other option. You can get some good deals with private sales. Remember, cash is king! Bring a "wad" and do some negotiating.
If he got denied during the Background check, he has bigger issues to worry about.

The only good advice in this thread is to get a lawyer to look into it.

Well....What's a "Mira rest" or am I misreading something. ...
54imm7.jpg

Don’t appeal the denial or rush to a lawyer. NICS has a high false positive rate. Apply for a UPIN online. The online version typically gives you a UPIN in about seven days. If you appeal the denial it could take years. I had a customer do this and three years later they over turned the denial and provided a one use UPIN. The next purchase? You guessed it, he got denied. He then applied for a UPIN and has been good ever since.

Apply for the UPIN. If it works, good. If they refuse then get legal counsel. And no, people good in MA criminal and firearm law are not necessarily good at federal law. They are totally different area of expertise.

I would not rush to a lawyer yet

Last edited:
I say step 1, seek a lawyer for consultation and preferably one who specializes in firearms law.

They will probably go check to see what's up with your mira rest, make sure its resolution was recorded properly, and that you are not over looking legally prohibiting things from your past.

Then based on whatever they find or are able to straighten out, they will advise on what steps to take.

Please don't feed the mis-information. What can be used for a denial is determined by the law. They can't just change it, they have to pass a new law.
I know Trump was interested in doing this at one point, and met with the NRA about it, and also endorsed notifying the FBI if anyone who has been investigated by the FBI buys a gun, but I don't think it was actually implemented.

Not sure if Biden could do this via EO, I would assume no, but who knows.
They can't change what causes a denial by EO, it's defined in the law. People really need to look into this stuff and stop saying the sky is falling. About all Biden can do re guns via EO is affect what can be imported. An EA instructing the ATF to redefine what is an MG could happen, same for wrist braces and 80%s. But these all will have trouble when they are challenged in court. Of all these I think a change in what can be imported is most likely.

Just go to another gun store and try to buy the same Gun..If that doesn’t work just rinse and repeat. You’re probably just dealing with a pussy FFL. I’ve done the pending further review and gotten guns after the three days and after that I’ve gotten guns from the same store I just buy it again from a different salesman. Everybody tells you to get a “Pin number”
Waste of time. Just keep going to every store and keep trying and eventually even if you’re a felon it’ll go through

Please don't feed the mis-information. What can be used for a denial is determined by the law. They can't just change it, they have to pass a new law.

They can't change what causes a denial by EO, it's defined in the law. People really need to look into this stuff and stop saying the sky is falling. About all Biden can do re guns via EO is affect what can be imported. An EA instructing the ATF to redefine what is an MG could happen, same for wrist braces and 80%s. But these all will have trouble when they are challenged in court. Of all these I think a change in what can be imported is most likely.
DACA (and others) were completely contrary to law, specifically the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Yet it was bypassed by an EO

DACA (and others) were completely contrary to law, specifically the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Yet it was bypassed by an EO
cite?

"DACA was formally initiated by a policy memorandum sent from Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano to the heads of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The memo formally directed them to exercise their enforcement discretion on behalf of individuals who met the requirements."

Not an EO, and based on enforcement discretion allowed by law. BTW I don't like this policy.

The NICS background check standards are not a matter of policy, they are defined in law. I gave examples of policies, what constitutes a NICS denial isn't one of them.

Last edited:
cite?

"DACA was formally initiated by a policy memorandum sent from Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano to the heads of U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). The memo formally directed them to exercise their enforcement discretion on behalf of individuals who met the requirements."

Not an EO, and based on enforcement discretion allowed by law. BTW I don't like this policy.

The NICS background check standards are not a matter of policy, they are defined in law. I gave examples of policies, what constitutes a NICS denial isn't one of them.
Who is deportable, procedures for being lawfully admitted into the US, removability and procedures for being removed are laws. The "policy memorandum" came from the Executive Branch (POTUS). Enforcement discretion does not allow you to ignore an actual law,

And Biden issued an actual EO reinstating DACA...

Could Biden issue an EO banning hi cap magazines? I'm not a constitutional scholar, I honestly don't know the answer...

I'm not sure I'd be rushing out do a private sale with him after he just posted he got denied as well:
Maybe things are slow for Atilla and he resurfaced with a new screen name to farm NES?

edit-

Filing for a UPIN was solid advice. Assuming OP is legit- that is what he should do, unless he has a criminal history.

Last edited:
What's the technical term for when a cop declines to issue a ticket to a speeder?
Luck?

Sorry, I couldn't resist....

I would maintain that speeding is a civil infraction,
Entering the US the first time illegally is a misdemeanor. You are printed and entered into IAFIS and ordered removed
Entering the second time is a felony subject to jail and them removal

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom