Eotech or Aimpoint?

Which optics for an HK94?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i say the aimpoint micro! aimpoints have insane battery life and i think it would fit the 94's narrow upper reciever profile better. the eotech might get in the way when you go and slap the charging handle down to close the bolt since it is a bit wider then the micro. speaking from my expireince on mine.

Last edited:
I'd say it depends on what you are going to use it for. Close quarters I'd say Eotech because of the 65MOA ring that helps with acquisition. It's also a 1 MOA dot in the center.

I have an Eotech 516 right now. When I build a second AR I'll throw an Aimpoint on it.
Gotta have both eventually.

EOTech.

More important thing is to find a quality mount since the HK94 was designed only for the H&K claw mount.

I used an Aimpoint over seas... I loved it. I have an Eotech on my personal weapon... I love it. for me it broke down like this...

Eotech
+ holographic reticle (and all that entails)
+ common batteries (AA's for mine)

Aimpoint
+ battery life
+ easier to use knobs (imagine trying to push the buttons on the eotech with cold or gloved hands)

for me, battery life was second to battery comonality, and the knobs were beat out by the reticle.

I think he is only thinking about the really small ones though, so the AA option is moot in this case. I like the way my eyes work with the eotech, having seen both I went that way. As I could fit it on my AR, I did choose the AA option.

ive always felt that with aimpoints you loose some peripheral vision. That being said I dont like how wide eotechs are, mine sticks over my ar15 a good distance on both sides.

I think he is only thinking about the really small ones though, so the AA option is moot in this case. I like the way my eyes work with the eotech, having seen both I went that way. As I could fit it on my AR, I did choose the AA option.

I agree. I do like the smaller Eotechs for compact optics.

I do not trust Aimpoint. Two of them have failed on me. I have switched to only using ACOGs, or EOtech. I am using a 552 over here currently. After the second Aimpoint failing I switched to a 552 then as well. Very good optic, I feel it gives a better FOV, faster acquisition with the reticle. The reticle is also allot crisper, the Aimpoint tends to bleed whereas the 1moa dot in the A65 is allot crisper. The "roll bar" on the EOtech is a nice touch also, if the weapons is dropped, the glass/arcrylic is less likely to shatter in comparison to the Aimpoint. Battery life? This is in my opinion a stupid thing to get wrapped around for a couple reasons 1. Are you really going to leave it on for the "10,000 hours", no. And given my experience with the battery life of the Aimpoint, the the battery life is really a crock of shit. 2. You should check the weapons regularly and change the batteries every so often anyways. Basically you cant go wrong with the EOtech I have found it to be a better, more dependable product.

Thanks everyone for the input. I forgot about the C-more. Trijicon does make something like a C more but I have the ACOG on the AR so I wanted something electric. Looks like the NES community is as torn as I am.

Aimpoint - they recently won another competition to supply more RDS to the US Army.
It does not turn off automagically the way Eotech does. Its mounts do not fall off the way
Eotech's factory mount tends to go.
Gerrycaruso,
In all honesty C-more will probably be ok on a gun that only goes to the range. But if I would have had enough money for a subgun, I would put an Aimpoint or at least a Docter optic on it.
Trijicon is also coming out with RMR, I believe - which is a Docter sized optic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom