Eotech vs Aimpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm leaning towards aimpoint for battery life.

That is a huge advantage of the aimpoint. I personally prefer the aimpoint because it's simply a dot, the eotech is a little more cluttered. However like I said they are both quality optics, I've seen guys drive both hard.

That is a huge advantage of the aimpoint. I personally prefer the aimpoint because it's simply a dot, the eotech is a little more cluttered. However like I said they are both quality optics, I've seen guys drive both hard.

Same ruggedness? I beat the s*it out of everything I own, and this thing will be whacked 100% numerous times.

Try both and decide on which one you like,asking for opinions on this is like asking what kind of gun to get for a first gun.It's pointless,what one person likes,another dislikes.

I prefer the Aimpoint due to less clutter in the optic,others prefer Eotech due to the clutter.

25 minute review of both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF6fGJiXoNA

Nuttnfancy is the guy who did the review.

You seriously just posted a review by nutnfancy ?

Not sure if serious.

Last edited:
Will watch this thread as I am in the market for some kind of optic for my AR. I am leaning Eotech just because I like the magnifier/sight combo.

They both are built to withstand a lot of abuse, but like anything, you hit it right, it breaks. As Derek already stated, Aimpt. is a dot, Eotech is a dot in a donut. I have 2 EOTech's, 517 and a 512, and one Aimpt. Comp M3 on a GG&G cantilever and all of them rock. Once they are on, they have not wavered, just operator failure, me. It's all about what you want to spend and what you want to look at, or don't want to look at. Best bet is to find some folks at the range with them and drop a few rounds down range. Some folks want nothing to do with a dot and want crosshairs, I love my Burris XTR 1-4x24, the main difference is at 3-400yds a dot is OK, but put hairs on the target, you have a higher percentage of hitting it. The other thing to take into accout is that with aimpt or EO's, your shot is going to be less than 200-250yds unless you have a magnifier, outside of that you want a scope, that's why I say they are just OK at longer shots. Of course, it depends on WHAT your target is also, you shootin at a ten spot or a man spot.

Will watch this thread as I am in the market for some kind of optic for my AR. I am leaning Eotech just because I like the magnifier/sight combo.

Yep that was the big + i was thinking. Aimpoint has the same, but I feel that the eotech is much more low profile. I know the aimpoint micro saves a few ounces, but with a high mounted magnifier I can imagine the aimpoint setup with the 4X magnifier makes it awkwardly top heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom