EoTech

Contacts likely need replacing. Was common on older Eotech 511/12’s. You can order a replacement kit for a DIYS repair at little cost or send it in.

I’ve had Aimpoimts and Eotechs and prefer the Eotechs. Sold my Aimpoints and I don’t regreat it. More useful reticle if you know how to use it. Better optic with a magnifier for carbines, etc. For RDS on a pistol, I have Trijicon. For what it does, Aimpoints are overpriced and other than their micro RDS, too bulky by far.
They sent me a contact repair kit at no cost and I had the Bushnell version from years ago.

I emailed back and forth a bit. He said my. Model was so old the SN wasn't in the database. Dunno. I could trade it in for 50% off a new product, or use it as a paper weight..

I emailed back and forth a bit. He said my. Model was so old the SN wasn't in the database. Dunno. I could trade it in for 50% off a new product, or use it as a paper weight..

In the 21st century, that’s some extremely shoddy record keeping. Data storage is cheap, and in a world of terabytes, that information is less than a kilobyte.

I’d say trading it in for 50% off a new one is a decent option. Ideally they would be able to provide a replacement part for you.

I would do the deal. They revised the product after the whole drift issue. I had over 8 aimpoints and I’m down to one. They all been replaced with eotech, it’s a true cqb optic. The reticle just pops out at you.

I rather place batteries then deal with just a led dot that last 25 years. Btw, after a certain setting on an aimpoint the battery life cuts down dramatically.

Using nods, the eotech doesn’t smear.

I sent an email a bit ago, aski g about giving me a replacement part vs sending a link to purchase new.

My only application for this is on a 9mm AR pistol that currently wears magpul flip ups. It's so tiny, but even then, I can easily ring a 12" plate at 100. Guess I can try the eotexh on it and always set it aside for a future host if I don't like it on my AR9

Sold back my EOTech 516 to them, got a nice check for MSRP and promptly ordered an Aimpoint Pro

Sold back my EOTech 516 to them, got a nice check for MSRP and promptly ordered an Aimpoint Pro
When was this? I asked about it and the rep I have been communicating with at eotech didn't mention that as an option.

I ordered the battery well repair kit for $12+$8 s&h 🙄 so we'll see.

Oh this was at least three years ago - at the time there was a class action suit against L3 over the temperature zero drift issue. I mean I never had an issue with my 516 and didn't plan to take my kit from a hot car trunk into a freezer and <operate> haha. Wanted something with that ridiculous battery life Aimpoint had.

Back
Top Bottom