• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EP Armory raided by ATF

outstanding. they are however extremely late to the party--government efficiency.

hopefully someone wasn't putting any finishing touches on the %80 lowers or doing them for folks, etc. that's where things get iffy with those partial builds.

i have a polymer %80 which i'm probably never going to actually mill out and i put it up for sale here, heh.

One place that I am currently waiting on 80% lowers from, says that they have to submit a lower to the ATF to get a letter stating that it falls below the 80% threshold before they can sell them.

I assume this is just them covering their own ass. Why would you need to submit something to the ATF to have them certify it is not a gun?

I wonder if other vendors do this as well? It could also be a stall tactic, as this was a crowd-fund deal and they are wicked late already.

But the ATF collecting information on 80% purchasers is scary. What on earth could they be doing with this information?

One place that I am currently waiting on 80% lowers from, says that they have to submit a lower to the ATF to get a letter stating that it falls below the 80% threshold before they can sell them.

I assume this is just them covering their own ass. Why would you need to submit something to the ATF to have them certify it is not a gun?

I wonder if other vendors do this as well? It could also be a stall tactic, as this was a crowd-fund deal and they are wicked late already.

But the ATF collecting information on 80% purchasers is scary. What on earth could they be doing with this information?

Furthermore, under what legal pretense can the ATF collect sales information of something that is not a firearm?

I contend that there is no legal pretense and that this amounts to an illegal search and seizure.

From what I've read about other 80% lowers makers, they all submitted samples to the ATF to get approval of their 80% status for sale. The ATF forced Matrix to plug two threaded holes, in the FCG pocket before allowing them to sell the lowers as 80% versions.

As for the ATF looking for records of the 80% lower's sale, that's just a bullshit move on their part (if true). It's also a great reason to get them via group buys.

Furthermore, under what legal pretense can the ATF collect sales information of something that is not a firearm?

I contend that there is no legal pretense and that this amounts to an illegal search and seizure.

Exactly. And how big of a leap would it be for them to go from that to, say, upper receivers, barrels, trigger groups, magazines, ammo, etc...?

It is required by all 80% receiver mfgs even if theirs is the same as somebody elses that has already been approved. This is not the first time this has happened. it also happened to K&T and Halo.
In the case of Halo, who made 80% M1919 RSPs (considered the receiver by ATF) the ATF actually knocked on some customers doors and confiscated some RSPs and at least a couple of cases completed M1919s. There was absolute panic on the m1919 forum, people were cutting up complete M1919s to get the plate out just in case they were next. Halo tried to circumvent getting his own approval and it turned around and bit him on the ass.

The RSP that Halo was selling was identical to those being sold by others except he added dimples to show where to drill the rivet holes. ATF decided that that put them over the "80%" point. (Of course the whole 80% thing is just a term coined by us home builders there is no such terminology as far as the ATF is concerned, it is either a receiver or it's not.)

I wonder if some one bought a bunch of them, finished them, and then flipped them. Hopefully it's about one individual and not all off their lowers.

Why? So NSA can keep tabs on your neighbors?

No, so if my door gets kicked in you all can watch it on youtube [smile]. I already had several, I'm just filling in 'gaps' now, you would have to know where it was to exploit it - but just in case - putting in a couple more.

No, so if my door gets kicked in you all can watch it on youtube [smile]. I already had several, I'm just filling in 'gaps' now, you would have to know where it was to exploit it - but just in case - putting in a couple more.

Imagine how careful they will be with your rights knowing that everything done WILL be available for public viewing.

A little concern for your job is always a good thing...

That's the idea - awful hard to hide things when the video is streamed to the web and copied to various places.

Makes me wonder how long it will be until various military errr... law enforcement agencies deploy some sort of local jammers to disrupt video recording.

And on topic - Yes sir, all those "80%" lowers? Sold em. GFY

Makes me wonder how long it will be until various military errr... law enforcement agencies deploy some sort of local jammers to disrupt video recording.

And on topic - Yes sir, all those "80%" lowers? Sold em. GFY

Sold them without performing any work on them, right?

I would be willing to bet this is about the center drill marks for the lower fire control pins. back in the Day KT ordnance had some issues with this too.

yes, this is normal. I have received a copy of the letter from all manufacturers that I purchased from

From what I've read about other 80% lowers makers, they all submitted samples to the ATF to get approval of their 80% status for sale. The ATF forced Matrix to plug two threaded holes, in the FCG pocket before allowing them to sell the lowers as 80% versions.

As for the ATF looking for records of the 80% lower's sale, that's just a bullshit move on their part (if true). It's also a great reason to get them via group buys.

80% group buy, again? :)

Back
Top Bottom