Escaped from MA....Question about temp driver's license and gun purchaces in NH

Thirwell1216

NES Member
Moved in to a home 20 minutes west of Manchester. Left MA after 50 years of living there. Love the town and an FFL lives 3 miles from the house. I hear two sounds regularly. Construction work and gunfire. The latter is music to the ears.

Quick question for NH members. I got my temp driver's license and it may take up to 45 days to get a regular license. Can an FFL take a temp drivers license as a form of ID? I have my eyes on an AK pistol and a B&T TP9 for a suppressor host.

Thanks

Yes they can, or you can apply for a NH P&R license and have it in a few days and that will be as good as a drivers license for buying

the caveat being it is up to the FFL if they want to take the temp license of not

Thanks appraiser. I'll head over to the Police Station on Monday and fill out the application.

Yes, temp is fine. It’s more legit looking than a P&R license, which is like a carbon copy 1/4 of a sheet of paper. Should take a day or less to get the license if you want one, unless your chief is on vacation

Welcome, and yes. And my P&R took less than 24 hours from application to receipt.

It depends on the dealer if they will accept the paper drivers license but I was able to buy a lower receiver using mine.

Most dealers will accept them, because they know that the paper one is what NH issues. However, we tell people that TSA does not for flying (yes, off topic) and to bring a birth certificate or passport with them.

I used a paper one, once, when I changed addresses, but I had the old, clipped corner one, as a back up (not valid, but shows the paper one isn't just a home-brew version). They just used the paper one. As stated above, it's up to each dealer though.

Be careful. A P&R will take at least a few days and will cost $10. And that’s on top of Con Carry. Just like MA!

Be careful. A P&R will take at least a few days and will cost $10. And that’s on top of Con Carry. Just like MA!
Those $10 are worth the money. Gives you concealed carry in many states that have reciprocity with NH…like NC, VA…
Also allows you to carry in Acadia National Park in Maine where a cc license is needed.

Yes they can, or you can apply for a NH P&R license and have it in a few days and that will be as good as a drivers license for buying
The resident P&R is not as good as a driver's license, as it does not satisfy the requirement for a government issued photo ID.

BATFE said:
Licensees may accept a combination of valid government-issued documents to satisfy the identification document requirements of the law. The required valid government-issued photo identification document bearing the name, photograph, and date of birth of the transferee/buyer may be supplemented by another valid, government-issued document showing the transferee’s/buyer?s residence address. (emphasis added) Accordingly, a valid government-issued identification bearing the name, photograph, and date of birth of a transferee may be supplemented with another valid government-issued document for the purpose of verifying the transferee?s current residence address and/or any of the other identifying information required to be verified by the FFL.
Above also applies if you opted out of having your residence address printed on your DL.

Sounds like we are practically neighbors. Welcome to NH! Being able to buy anything without regards to ridiculous laws is nice but it's not always easy to keep a growing collection in check. I moved to NH with one AK and now I have quite a few more than one for example..

Moved in to a home 20 minutes west of Manchester. Left MA after 50 years of living there. Love the town and an FFL lives 3 miles from the house. I hear two sounds regularly. Construction work and gunfire. The latter is music to the ears.
Note: You've triangulated your location, let me know if you need a sponsor to join the F&G club.

Thanks guys...I need to join a good club! I was at Harvard for 25 years and need a place to shoot. Luckily my neighbor has a cannon he likes to fire on the weekends here and I've been shooting on my property with .22s already. Kevin, I'll shoot you a PM. I'm calling the FFL tomorrow to see if he is good with a temp license.

Shocknawe...I have a list in my head and sold a pile of MA "compliant" guns to an FFL at the mill to fund them! I'll be posting all my 10 round mags for various semi autos soon as well.

Closed on my new house in NH Thursday and got my temp NH license today. Also went to the town hall and got three vehicles registered and plates in ten minutes. I love this state. MA has officially lost my tax revenue forever.

I am a week away from doing the same. Wanted to cast a last vote in “Corrupt-a-chusetts” because I still have a house there and family

Closed on my new house in NH Thursday and got my temp NH license today. Also went to the town hall and got three vehicles registered and plates in ten minutes. I love this state. MA has officially lost my tax revenue forever.
Well, I issued two temp licenses to people from MA today. They were happy that they could now register to vote here. Unfortunately, they struck me as the type who will vote anti-2A and "Mass it up." There's still time for you to register to vote tomorrow, even if it's a provisional ballot. P.S. - Don't be a mass-tard and think that all private sale transfers have to go through an FFL. Sean List (2A attorney) suggested in his course seeing a P&R, BOS, and DL. No FFL needed, though!

Well, I issued two temp licenses to people from MA today. They were happy that they could now register to vote here. Unfortunately, they struck me as the type who will vote anti-2A and "Mass it up." There's still time for you to register to vote tomorrow, even if it's a provisional ballot. P.S. - Don't be a mass-tard and think that all private sale transfers have to go through an FFL. Sean List (2A attorney) suggested in his course seeing a P&R, BOS, and DL. No FFL needed, though!
Well, my wife and I at the least offset them with our straight republican tickets. After the last 10 years, I’ll never vote for a democrat again out of principle. Sorry Jane Van Zandt.

I closed on my new home in NH on Tuesday, just as Mass voters elected Healey as Governor, approved new taxes in a state that had a revenue surplus the last year and voted to keep giving licenses to illegals. Got out of Mass just in time...

Well, my wife and I at the least offset them with our straight republican tickets. After the last 10 years, I’ll never vote for a democrat again out of principle. Sorry Jane Van Zandt.
Ahh you’re in my AO.
Do us refugees a favor and make sure the whole house votes red for the foreseeable future.

Quick question for NH members. I got my temp driver's license and it may take up to 45 days to get a regular license. Can an FFL take a temp drivers license as a form of ID? I have my eyes on an AK pistol and a B&T TP9 for a suppressor host.

Thanks
Congrats!

Found a great FFL 3 miles from my house. Doing a transfer on an Yugo style AK pistol this week just for the heck of it. So nice just to buy directly from online retailers and have them ship to an FFL in their database. No groveling or games to get a firearm. No MA upsell charges as well.

Back
Top Bottom