• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Evaluating a M1 Carbine

I have a M1 Carbine manufactured by National Postal Meter. I am selling it for a widow of a friend and want to get as much for it as possible. Not being an aficionado of M1 Carbines, I know there are lots of variations out there.

Where's the best place to take this rifle and have it appraised and/or numerous marking identified for its true value?

Am on the south coast of Mass.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Rich

It shouldn't be hard to get 600+ for a good shape functioning M1 carbine. Maybe Noha's Motors in saugus mass. Does great work with military arms.
a typical "cmp service grade" will fetch 800+ on gun broker. Original (not part swapped back to original) can fetch double.
They made a ton of M1 carbines. Take it for what its worth blue book gun values has NPM rework listed at 850$@100% condition.

I can help you out. If you have it in hand, I can walk you through originality/collectibility/value on the phone in about 10 minutes. Without seeing it in person, it will be a rough estimate (probably +/- $100-150). NPM's are cool with a decent amount of variation. Shoot me a PM.

Post a couple photo's from different sides and any markings and we can give you a decent idea right here. If you can do it break it down and not an markings. If you are nervous about it you can just loosen the screw on the front hand guard and take it out of the stock and get quite a few makrings without actually taking it down.

Here are some of the simplest take down instructions.

http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/pdfs/m1carbinedisassembly.pdf

I can help you out. If you have it in hand, I can walk you through originality/collectibility/value on the phone in about 10 minutes. Without seeing it in person, it will be a rough estimate (probably +/- $100-150). NPM's are cool with a decent amount of variation. Shoot me a PM.

What sam said. He knows his stuff

Back
Top Bottom