• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ever pause a moment when you see a guns 'estate sale' at a shop?

I’m only fortunate enough to have one son. After I settled on my edc, all purchases have been for him. We have the same taste, so he’s a lucky shit.
That’s what it’s all about.
My grandfather’s guns went to my dad. I’m the only one of his kids with a LTC. One day dad will pass them to me.
My son will inherit 3 generations of guns.
Like I said, lucky shit.

I recently inventorized my collection using Excel. When I get older I'll probably add a column for ballpark values. That will at least help my wife. Firearms have tags that correspond with the spreadsheet.

I recently inventorized my collection using Excel. When I get older I'll probably add a column for ballpark values. That will at least help my wife. Firearms have tags that correspond with the spreadsheet.
I have an excel sheet as well - no values, but serial numbers and a list of who gets them.

A friend recently recovered a gun that was confiscated from a public enemy when that person's LTC was revoked/suspended and the gun confiscated.

He needed to fill out both a "surrender to PD" form and "transfer from PD form" on the EOPS website to get the gun. Very professional treatment from the PD; no reluctance to let him take possession; and an distinct lack of interest on the part of the PD in dealing with a bonded warehouse.

The hardest part of the process was digging up the serial number of the gun to fill out on these forms/

Back
Top Bottom