Ever wanted an M1 Carbine?

Darksideblues42

NES Life Member
NES Member
Repros are available for well under a grand and you get to see the exact one you get.

it all depends on what you’re looking for — a functioning rifle, yeah sure, overpriced... or, an unmolested piece of history that is over 75 years old, that comes at somewhat of a premium. After all, they aren’t manufacturing 1942-1945 firearms any more, are they?

There is something to be said about holding a piece of history in your hands, that you just don’t get from a modern day firearm.

7446986E-3EB0-465E-A88B-B5373D868DD3.jpeg

Those where actually imported before obumer shut the milsurp imports down.
Between geting them stamped and the company moving it just took a few years to get them out.
The prices are not to bad , i dont see many USGI selling for less at auctions unless you luck out at a small auction and no one else wants to bid it up.

A lot of these are original and not updated with post-war depot retrofits. That can be hard to find, even with auction sites.

This^
I had a surplus one with an IBM receiver and barrel, which I bought in the mid 80's, when I was living in Mass. I knew it was arsenal refinished, but didn't discover that the internals were a mish-mash of random parts until after I traded it to a fellow NES'er about 10 years ago.
So finding a stockpile with all their original parts intact has much more appeal to a collector, thus commanding a higher premium.

Nope never even considered one...then a friend bought one and no Bueno...it did not fire.

long story short oI told him I would clean it, cleaned and swapped out the springs for $20, and it runs like a champ. Pretty fun gun actually so yeah, I might be interested.

This^
I had a surplus one with an IBM receiver and barrel, which I bought in the mid 80's, when I was living in Mass. I knew it was arsenal refinished, but didn't discover that the internals were a mish-mash of random parts until after I traded it to a fellow NES'er about 10 years ago.
So finding a stockpile with all their original parts intact has much more appeal to a collector, thus commanding a higher premium.

That isn't what these are though lol. Most of the Royal Tiger M1C's were rebuilt with available parts before being sent to Ethiopia at the end of WWII. In fact, Ethiopia then gathered M1C's from various other countries after their service lives and stockpiled them (which is the photo). Royal Tiger only has a handful of carbines left because King Hussein didn't allow them all to be imported. Yes, they have a few "original" but those are $1,800. That's steep based on what I've bought at auction over the years but as always, YMMV and on NES there's always someone who knows better than the people who've actually been there, done that.

I have 2 Rockola's, 2Winchester's, and a National Postal Meter from the CMP. I should have bought more. They all have some mixed parts (all have original barrel, rcvr and wood) but mixed parts is the nature of the beast. During wartime the parts were constanly changed out during cleaning etc. A lot of fun to shoot. Now I just need a CMP 1911.

I did purchase one from RTI and it’s an early Winchester. All metal looks great type 3 rear sight and wrong stock. A little dirty but will clean up nicely.

I bought one a few years ago for what I thought was a lot then...but based on today prices, it wasn't.

It can go to my kids, I will never sell it or let some statist fvck take it in a 'buy back'. Have a box of 30 rounders for it too. They are currently loaded.

Accurate enough to 100 yards.

A lot of U.S. PD's got M1 Carbines for their patrol cars and armories back in the day...

1604437607908.png

And hardhats apparently... [rofl2]

Back
Top Bottom