• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Yep. Received my packet today as well. Minus the "Backordered Docs". Which are what exactly? Says to call to order them. Can they be found online?
If anyone would like to PM me some friendly C&R dealers I would greatly appreciate it.

Thx. I suppose reading would have helped answer my question

Last edited:
Got a notice in the mail from the ATF today reminding me that my license is expiring in 3 months. How nice of them. Haven't used it recently but it's so cheap that I may renew just for the hell of it.

Can anyone give me examples of the guns they've purchased with a C&R? Seems cool but I don't think I'd be interested in any guns from 50+ years ago or a select few that are considered C&R approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone give me examples of the guns they've purchased with a C&R? Seems cool but I don't think I'd be interested in any guns from 50+ years ago or a select few that are considered C&R approved.

Any gun over 50 years old is C&R approved

Pre 1967 Browning Hi power
M1 garand
Mosin nagant
Pre 1967 1911
Luger
Walther p38
Walther pp
Etc

The CZ82 isn't 50 years old and is C&R eligible. I forget why it's a C&R without being 50+ years old.

Sounds like C&R may not really be for you. It really is designed for collector use. However, consider that the m16 is fifty years old. There are some cool 50 year old guns.

Sent from my m8whl using Tapatalk

Sounds like C&R may not really be for you. It really is designed for collector use. However, consider that the m16 is fifty years old. There are some cool 50 year old guns.

Hmmm, m16? You might have peaked my interest lol. But I would need a machine gun license correct? (Assuming m16 is select fire auto/semi)

I assumed it would still need to go through an FFL... is the C&R good enough in MA?

C&R is prima fascia evidence of "collector" status and adequate justification for a "green card" (IFF your chief will issue it, some won't).

If you find a C&R mg out of state, you pay for it, get paperwork filled out, pay tax, wait 6-9 months for your tax stamp and then the person/FFL in the other state can ship to your home as you are an FFL for this purpose!

C&R is prima fascia evidence of "collector" status and adequate justification for a "green card" (IFF your chief will issue it, some won't).

If you find a C&R mg out of state, you pay for it, get paperwork filled out, pay tax, wait 6-9 months for your tax stamp and then the person/FFL in the other state can ship to your home as you are an FFL for this purpose!

Thanks Len. I have my green card and C&R, so I guess I know how I'll be spending my time searching today. Unfortunately, I don't have the bank, but it'll be fun to dream.

Thanks Len. I have my green card and C&R, so I guess I know how I'll be spending my time searching today. Unfortunately, I don't have the bank, but it'll be fun to dream.

Be careful searching! You may not be able to resist . . .

If I had massive amounts of cash I would. Also I live in Boston and something tells me I wouldn't be issued a MG license.

Yes, I think that Boston would issue a green card when pigs fly! Then IIRC they still have to sign off on every gun you want to buy (federal form), I don't see that happening either.

Brookline doesn't give the unwashed MG licenses. Boston, despite it be against a city ordinance for residents to posses a MG within the city limits, does actually issue people MG licenses. (you need to be connected or a serious historical collector to qualify)

Edit: by serious collector I mean you are involved in Rock Island Auction auctions level collecting.

Last edited:
Brookline doesn't give the unwashed MG licenses. Boston, despite it be against a city ordinance for residents to posses a MG within the city limits, does actually issue people MG licenses. (you need to be connected or a serious historical collector to qualify)
Supposing that you did get a green card as a Boston resident, you would only legally be able to shoot mg, since atf regs don't allow ffl to transfer a firearm if that firearm is not legal to possess in your residence, and a c&r would only allow you to have your mg shipped to your residence.

Most FFLs and the Feds don't give a rat's ass or know about about a Boston city ordinance. The people whom have green cards as Boston residents are not the sort of people the city is going to make any effort to go after as special persons to make examples of.

Edit: also NFA trusts, no shipping when you travel to pick up in person.

Last edited:
This is my first post. Believe it or not, I just read all 252 pages. My C&R form sent June 09. ATF cashed the check June 15. Impatiently waiting for my package so I can find myself a nice Star B pistol online and receive it through the mail. Bring on the Ramen!

Last edited:
This is my first post. Believe it or not, I just read all 252 pages. My C&R form sent June 09. ATF cashed the check June 15. Impatiently waiting for my package so I can find myself a nice Star B pistol online and receive it through the mail. Bring on the Ramen!

Damn! Must have taken you an entire day[laugh]

Welcome aboard, MapleRidge![wave]

"Bring on the Ramen!" LOL Yup, some things are worth making sacrifices for. Now that you're going to be an 03-FFL you should start a piggy-bank for a much bigger safe[laugh]

I got my renewal in the mail a while ago. I was looking for it this morning as it's due by Aug 1st. Someone misplaced it, I'm blaming it on the dog. I checked the links in post 1940, but those weren't working. Does anyone have the link to renew the C&R???

I got my renewal in the mail a while ago. I was looking for it this morning as it's due by Aug 1st. Someone misplaced it, I'm blaming it on the dog. I checked the links in post 1940, but those weren't working. Does anyone have the link to renew the C&R???

AFAIK, there is no link to renew (and I renewed mine in May), you must use the form they sent you (which is different than the form for 1st time).

AFAIK, there is no link to renew (and I renewed mine in May), you must use the form they sent you (which is different than the form for 1st time).

Thanks.... that form is missing. I am guessing someone who is not me, but I am blaming the dog, threw it away... I guess call them up to send me a new form?

You can look through here:

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/forms-library

Or just call the ATF and ask them to email you the form or ask were it is on there website...

Good Luck

Hi quick question. This is my first time renewing. Do I have to list a phone number in the day/time section of business/activity taking place? I know I list my phone # at the end when I sign the form but wasn't sure if I need in that section too.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom