EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Hi thanks no problem with my record etc..
I have the NRA pistol certificate.
So I don't need to drive to ct and get fingerprinted etc at state police barracks?

CT sends you the fingerprint card in the packet; you go to your local PD and they'll fingerprint you and sign the card. You just mail it back.

Nice thanks!!!

Now re C and R
anyone have a valid reason NOT to pursue? Undo scrutiny etc?
ryan

Ryan... If you live in MA (and I'm assuming you do), you ALREADY get scrutinized out the yingyang! What's one more agency who knows your business? You're ALREADY on the radar - your prints are in DC, fer cryin' out loud! Just get the friggin' C&R and go buy some antique hardware.

Ryan... If you live in MA (and I'm assuming you do), you ALREADY get scrutinized out the yingyang! What's one more agency who knows your business? You're ALREADY on the radar - your prints are in DC, fer cryin' out loud! Just get the friggin' C&R and go buy some antique hardware.

Exactly.

If I lived in WY (or even VT) and had never purchased a gun from a dealer, this might make some sense. But considering everhything about living in the Northeast, I'd say there is no downside.

Don

Thanks ...that was my thinking exactly. But friends in free states think I'm nuts for getting it. But I'd guess if they had no choice they would too!
Thanks...printing paperwork...
ryan

Sooooooo, I read this entire thread a while ago, and don't remember the specific answer to the following question:

When a C&R Holder sells a firearm to another C&R holder in the state of MA, is it one of the following situations :
Hopeful Answer - It's just like bringing a firearm in from out of state, the receiver submit an FA10, the seller doesn't have to do anything
Probable Answer - The seller has to use one of their FA10s (or transfer via an FFL), receiver has nothing to do expect enjoy the new firearm
Worst Answer - You can't do it, keep the firearm or sell out of state

For some reason the "Probable Answer" feels like the correct one, but I'm not positive.

Congrats [grin]

5 months huh, wow, they're running behind.

Wondering if I have an outside shot of getting an 01FFL before I see that, lol

the only reason it took so long is that I forgot to put some info on the form so they sent it back to me and i think they put me on the bottom of the pile again when i did that

I got my C&R in today, only to find that they butchered my last name. How the heck that happened from a TYPED application, I have no idea. Sigh, looks like I'll have to call them this week and get it fixed.

Just got mine today. Took 4 months from beginning to end and that was with them returning the application once for not filling in the "optional" social security field.

I sent my application out the second week of May, my check was cashed on may 17th, and received my license last week (June). It's funny, I received the license before the big ATF packet. About 5 weeks start to finish, not too shabby.

I sent my application out the second week of May, my check was cashed on may 17th, and received my license last week (June). It's funny, I received the license before the big ATF packet. About 5 weeks start to finish, not too shabby.

That was my experience also. Fast turnaround, not sure why some people's are taking so long.

Since we're here... does anybody know what the record keeping requirements are (ie. what must be done or not with your bound book) if you let your C&R FFL expire?

I applied April 23rd, got mine in the mail today. Two month turnaround during the same time frame that Baserock had his application in process, but his was almost half the time. My assumption is that like most government agencies, it all depends on which worker's desk it lands on. Luck of the draw.

Great - I'm already set up with one surplus company and Rock River Arms. Now I just need to decide whether to build my AR with RRA parts or buy a few milsurps first. Decisions.

Back
Top Bottom