• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

I don't get the "get 100 copies made up" stuff. Even when I first got mine in 1999 (and everyone would ship to MA) I probably only sent out ~30 and likely used another 5 at most during the 3 years.

I scan it into my computer as a PDF and then print out as needed. It does NOT have to be printed in color to be valid.

I keep a few in each car for the "just in case" scenario.

YEP!!!!!

I don't get the "get 100 copies made up" stuff.

Because you're guaranteed to run out of them at the most inopportune time so better to have a stack on hand ready to go if you're not equipped with scanner/printer/etc. Better to buy more than you need than run short.

Because you're guaranteed to run out of them at the most inopportune time so better to have a stack on hand ready to go if you're not equipped with scanner/printer/etc. Better to buy more than you need than run short.

How many here do you really think don't own a printer?

Do you really think that most scan NES from their local public library?

How many here do you really think don't own a printer?

Do you really think that most scan NES from their local public library?

considering how many complain about how hard it is to do something as simple as print out an eFA10, apparently a lot. Probably far fewer have scanners and know how to use them.

I ran into this and used the shops computer to get the copy out of my gmail and print it for them :D

I just got my packet today. Granted, I haven't read all of it yet but do I have to now list all transactions in the bound book or just those that are from the C&R list? Do I have to list any guns I have as inventory?
This is on an ATF FAQ somewhere probably. Only c&r guns go in your bound book. Previously acquired c&r guns only go in your book if you sell them while your license is active. In that case, you mark the buyer information as "from collection". The only thing that involves modern weapons that I know of is that a licensee must report all thefts to the ATF within a short time period, both c&R and modern

I just got my packet today. Granted, I haven't read all of it yet but do I have to now list all transactions in the bound book or just those that are from the C&R list? Do I have to list any guns I have as inventory?

Only C&R guns get logged in/out in your Bound Book.

You have no "inventory" as you aren't running a business with a C&R FFL.

You do not list C&R guns you owned prior to getting licensed. You would only list them if/when you sold one of them.

Yes, the form allows for an alternate address so that dealers can legally ship to your business address that way if you want.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope that doesn't work. Fed Law requires shipment ONLY to the addresses on the C&R FFL, so both addresses must be listed for that to work.

Just +1ing this....

I have my home address and my UPS Store address on mine.....

I renewed mine this year, my 1st renewal since I got the C&R...

I found a interesting question, they asked me to list how many guns I had bought up to the renewal date...
They just wanted the number of guns, not any info on the guns, just how many I bought...

Has anyone else got that question???

I renewed mine this year, my 1st renewal since I got the C&R...

I found a interesting question, they asked me to list how many guns I had bought up to the renewal date...
They just wanted the number of guns, not any info on the guns, just how many I bought...

Has anyone else got that question???

No, it was just a special question for only you? [laugh] j/k

They implemented that ~3 years ago and everyone gets asked that.

Hi Folks,

I have a big sight disability and it makes it hard to read as I have to use a magnifying glass so I am hoping that someone would be so kind to help me out with a question I have regarding the sale of an eligible rifle to a MA C&R holder. I have already used my four private sale transfers for the year and the C&R holder would like to purchase my firearm on his C&R license. Unfortunately I spent the greater part of a couple of hours trying to filter through the various posts/links/etc and was unable to find much to support the legality of such a transaction from a licensed owner to a C&R holder in MA without using a private sale transfer.

I am not a C&R holder.

I assume that such a transaction would still require me to file an ef10 but would that constitute a private sale in MA?

Thanks in advance for any help/links/etc you contribute to the cause.

Last edited:
MA does not recognize the C&R FFL and all transactions must comply with MGL, so FA-10 FTF for up to 4/year and the rest thru an FFL even if a C&R is involved.

What are C&R applications supposed to put in the "Hours of Operation" section. We're not supposed be "in business" with a C&R FFL so do we ever have "Hours of Operation"? If I take the form at face value I should check "Closed ALL day. NO business hours" for every day. But the form says at least one hour should be provided.

And a bound-book question -- do I need a book at all times (even if it would be completely blank because I haven't acquired anything), or only once the first firearm has been acquired with the C&R FFL?

N/A works for me.

Yes, BB is a requirement.

1. Am late sending mine in; expired 1/1. As long as I get it in before 30 days have elapsed, is it correct that there are no additional hoops that I must jump through?

2. I am still confused about the hours of operation section:

i-Qqh3WHz-L.jpg

Are we simply checking the "closed all day" checkbox and leaving it at that? Has anyone done that successfully?

Len, did you submit an 03 renewal with N/A written in this section somewhere? If so, where, and did you check the closed all day boxes, too?

1. Am late sending mine in; expired 1/1. As long as I get it in before 30 days have elapsed, is it correct that there are no additional hoops that I must jump through?

2. I am still confused about the hours of operation section:

i-Qqh3WHz-L.jpg

Are we simply checking the "closed all day" checkbox and leaving it at that? Has anyone done that successfully?

Len, did you submit an 03 renewal with N/A written in this section somewhere? If so, where, and did you check the closed all day boxes, too?

It was ~2 yrs ago and I believe I just put N/A in that area. They keep changing the form, so I don't think any renewal has been the identical form.

C&R is NOT a business, therefore it is Not Applicable. How you answer that with N/A or check closed every day is up to you but the end result the same.

It was ~2 yrs ago and I believe I just put N/A in that area. They keep changing the form, so I don't think any renewal has been the identical form.

C&R is NOT a business, therefore it is Not Applicable. How you answer that with N/A or check closed every day is up to you but the end result the same.

Thanks, Len!

If anyone else cares to chime in with how they filled out that section, please feel free. I think it would be interesting to find out what the BATFE has found to be acceptable for us 03's.

I think either way would be acceptable. They are well aware that we can NOT have "business hours" as we are not a business and the Regs for an audit are very different than for a dealer.

I think either way would be acceptable. They are well aware that we can NOT have "business hours" as we are not a business and the Regs for an audit are very different than for a dealer.

The last form before this one that I had, had a checkbox in this section for C&R. They took that away. *bangs head on desk*

I understand there is some change to Mass Law concerning C&R, MA FFL-01's, and the year 2020 ?

Can someone explain ?

No change until 1/1/2021. At that time MA Dealers will legally be allowed to sell off-list C&R handguns to MA C&R FFL holders. Still need to do MIRCS/eFA-10 however.

anyone know if these executive orders being pushed through will effect C&R holders in any way?

So far, no changes I've heard of.

Except Selling is going to be more difficult (or risky) for every Private Party, including C&R.

And I'm not sure being a C&R was ever advantageous in Selling, just Buying.

Unbelievable!

My C&R is almost expired. Seems like yesterday it was issued.

Do I have to notify my local Police Chief of my renewal?

Back
Top Bottom