EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

I don't think they forget, I know I don't, but it's a very small percentage compared to all the mil surplus and other >50 guns out there, so it just doesn't get mentioned much.
True. People seem to get hung up on the 50 year old paragraph and the list. In fact two or three dealers turned me down when I tried to buy my pistol before I finally found one who was comfortable with paragraph three.

I thought I had read it somewhere that’s why I asked. C&R an out of state SP01 and call it a day? Maybe grab an AK too?

I assume you mean SP-1 since there isn't an SP01? And good luck with either of those, you're going to pay out the ass especially for a 50 year old AK. They don't go by the trunion date you know.

We’re in the same boat as far as the sp-1. I know the “0” is irrelevant but is pointless trying to explain that to others. I didn’t know that about the ak, still learning there. How are they dated?

We’re in the same boat as far as the sp-1. I know the “0” is irrelevant but is pointless trying to explain that to others. I didn’t know that about the ak, still learning there. How are they dated?

Good question, I'd guess you need to go off the model and serial number. I've only ever seen a couple that might have been c&r eligible and I think one was not quite there yet (like 1974ish). Anything you see nowadays being built with older (e.g 1969) trunions are considered current manufacture so they don't even count as a preban let alone c&r.

new licensees don't get it anymore either, they expect you to use their website to access the book.
I doubt many FFLs (of any sort) ever busted the cellophane wrapping on the books or CDs, so BATFE figured why waste the money. It's super easy to find the docs online and DL them. After that searching for a keyword is a piece of cake for those interested in actually reading/researching things rather than just posting questions.

Last post prompted me to check my account, my check cleared last Thursday.
Application sent 4/2
Check cleared 4/15

So, hopefully a few more weeks for my new license. I'll order a new bound book.

Last edited:
Bump to the top. I just submitted my “renewal” (expires license though):

C&R mailed 7/17
Credit card Charged : 7/26
Received: 08/19

Last edited:
Quick question, if I sell a C&R gun to another C&R holder, can I do the sale just like I would using an FFL to transfer a gun to someone and not have it count against my 4 yearly face to face sales in MA? I would be transferring it to a "dealer" with an FFL. Just curious.

Quick question, if I sell a C&R gun to another C&R holder, can I do the sale just like I would using an FFL to transfer a gun to someone and not have it count against my 4 yearly face to face sales in MA? I would be transferring it to a "dealer" with an FFL. Just curious.
MA doesn't recognize you as a dealer and it counts against your 4.

My C&R expires July 30th, I sent it in and forgot to put $30 in the field for how much to charge my card. ATF emailed me to let me know if my error and that it was rejected by the CC. ATF filled in $30 for me and resubmitted it. Card just got charged. I hope I don't see any fantastic deals on C&R guns in the next few weeks due to my negligence.

For C&R - I have a change of address coming up - is there an address change notification process like MA requires for LTC? I've been digging around the ATF site, don't see anything so far.

For C&R - I have a change of address coming up - is there an address change notification process like MA requires for LTC? I've been digging around the ATF site, don't see anything so far.

You have to send a copy of the application to the chief of police so that should cover it.

Back
Top Bottom