EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL!

Quick question, if I sell a C&R gun to another C&R holder, can I do the sale just like I would using an FFL to transfer a gun to someone and not have it count against my 4 yearly face to face sales in MA? I would be transferring it to a "dealer" with an FFL. Just curious.

Federal law and state law are mutually exclusive. You must to an eFA-10 if you sell a c&r to someone in MA.

For C&R - I have a change of address coming up - is there an address change notification process like MA requires for LTC? I've been digging around the ATF site, don't see anything so far.
Yes, you do need to file a change of address, I've had to do it. It's not a big deal. I don't have a link but I know the info is on the ATF sight.
A quick google of "C&R change of address" put this at the top, so there you go. Application for an Amended Federal Firearms License (ATF Form 5300.38) | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives

I know we have to supply a copy of the Application for our renewal to the Chief of Police...

But I can't remember if we have to give the Chief a copy of the new license...

Does anyone remember if we have to give the Chief a copy of our new license???

Thank You

I know we have to supply a copy of the Application for our renewal to the Chief of Police...

But I can't remember if we have to give the Chief a copy of the new license...

Does anyone remember if we have to give the Chief a copy of our new license???

Thank You

No, just the application form.

Hello all and hope everyone is doing good!
I am selling a old rifle ( Japanese Arisaka) to an C&R holder in MA; what do I need to do on my side as a seller? Do I still need to do eFA-10 by myself just to make it as “sold”? Sorry this type of questions may already been asked before.
Thank you!

Hello all and hope everyone is doing good!
I am selling a old rifle ( Japanese Arisaka) to an C&R holder in MA; what do I need to do on my side as a seller? Do I still need to do eFA-10 by myself just to make it as “sold”? Sorry this type of questions may already been asked before.
Thank you!
Assuming that you are in MA, MA does NOT recognize the C&R FFL. You must comply with MGLs and do the eFA-10 as well as show the disposition in your Bound Book (assuming that you hold a C&R FFL as well).

My C&R expires July 30th, I sent it in and forgot to put $30 in the field for how much to charge my card. ATF emailed me to let me know if my error and that it was rejected by the CC. ATF filled in $30 for me and resubmitted it. Card just got charged. I hope I don't see any fantastic deals on C&R guns in the next few weeks due to my negligence.
Looks like the ATF approved my C&R originally when payment didn't go thru and then re approved it once they accepted payment.
I have received two copies of my new license. Got them about a week apart. Same #s on them.

Looks like the ATF approved my C&R originally when payment didn't go thru and then re approved it once they accepted payment.
I have received two copies of my new license. Got them about a week apart. Same #s on them.
Are they same or do you now have 2? When I got my C&R they sent me my new license, then a month later sent me another one, different number.

Did you add a RP (responsible person) to your license? Every time you do, ATF will send another license to you for the RP to sign and use for free. Jack.
no, they actually sent me 2 C&R licenses with different numbers and expiration dates but the same person and address. I know how it happened. I moved between filing and when it was going to arrive. I spoke to the person processing it (who was working remotely from home, covid) and he said he would update the address. After a couple months I emailed him asking for a status update since I thought he had already passed it on, and he he told me he "must have" forgotten to file it, so he filed it..... apparently for a second time. So I got 2. See the ATF is just as human as the rest of us. That and their system suck since they didn't flag the dupe.

Last time I renewed my C&R I used form, ATF FORM 8, (5310.11) PartII, seems like the continue to change the form every time.
Is that form not longer used to renew?
This is what I found. Can someone confirm that this is the form that needs to filled out? (ATF Form 7(5310.12)/7CR(5310.16) Revised October 2020)
thanks.

C&R eligible firearms only (see the big packet the ATF sends with the license), and still has to be logged on the MA EFA-10 portal the same as an out of state purchase in addition to logging in your bound record book for the ATF.
Yes, all this. I assumed the poster was asking about eligible firearms.

C&R eligible firearms only (see the big packet the ATF sends with the license), and still has to be logged on the MA EFA-10 portal the same as an out of state purchase in addition to logging in your bound record book for the ATF.
No more packet, you have to download the list yourself

I am about to apply for my C&R and I have a question regarding the CLEO copy - I am assuming I need to mail that certified mail with a return receipt? Or can I simply drop off a copy at my local PD?

Also, aside from the FFL application located here https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...rearms-license-atf-form-531012531016/download are there any other forms or papework that needs to be filled out? I just found this thread and I am still reading through it so I apologize if these questions have been asked before

I am about to apply for my C&R and I have a question regarding the CLEO copy - I am assuming I need to mail that certified mail with a return receipt? Or can I simply drop off a copy at my local PD?

Also, aside from the FFL application located here https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/f...rearms-license-atf-form-531012531016/download are there any other forms or papework that needs to be filled out? I just found this thread and I am still reading through it so I apologize if these questions have been asked before
I live in a (for now) nice small town in SE MA and "drop a copy" is the way to go. No need to mail certified. Why give more money to the USPS and who's going to check hat your CLEO has a copy. IANAL, YMMV. Regarding what other forms or paperwork is needed, I got mine too many years ago to recall and not reviewed the current requirements. Welcome to C&R! Loved it years (and years) ago when you could buy an SKS and have it mailed to your house for $175. My how times have changed! [cheers]

1st class Mail is adequate. No need for Certified Mail. I always dropped off my CLEO copy at the local PD.

That's a long-ass form, a lot different than the one I filled out in 1999. Just read the instructions on that form, follow it carefully and don't bother adding anything not required. You are not a business so title and business hours are "N/A" (that's a question that is asked often).

Thank you, Len-2A. I was confused about the business hours section, but I assumed that I need to put something there so I did; I can go back and put N/A instead. And yes, it is a very long and rather confusing form... ATF's website also leaves a lot to be desired, took me forever to even find the form.

Back
Top Bottom