• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ex-cop fires warning shot to scare attacking dogs - gets prosecuted.

xtry51

NES Member
No good deed goes unpunished: What happened when I DIDN'T shoot my neighbor's dogs | Police State USA

Rough summary: Ex-officer. His neighbor has two big dogs, they are fenced in and territorial, but never caused trouble other than barking at people who go by. Owner lost his wife recently and is alone with two kids. Owner and kids not home, dogs get out, he sees them roaming. Grabs his gun. Sees dogs try to attack small dog being walked by woman. Distracts dogs from this, they follow him and then attack him together. Houses all around and not wanting to kill a widower's dogs and upset kids, he shoots one round into the ground. Dogs run away. Calls and reports shot fired and dogs missing. Is issued a summons and threatened with gun seizure. Officer who issues summons lies in court on stand, he still wins. Is surprised cops lie, wants state to investigate cop who lied and prosecutor who supported lying cop because he's sure they've done it before. Is surprised he gets sandbagged and no one cares.

No dogs were killed, they were found and returned to owner safely.

Last edited:
Yup, sounds like the PD wanted to jam the guy up. He should have just not reported the shot and gone home. Lesson learned.

As an ex-cop, I would have thought he had learned the lesson: "don't talk to police".

if you're off the job for more than 5yrs, or were employed by the PD in another city/state, a lot of things can be different from where/when you were working. Especially small cities/towns who run their own fiefdoms.

After the shot, this guy should have corralled the dogs and went inside for a beer. done.

Back
Top Bottom