Excessive wear on trigger face - DPMS LPK

Viper22

NES Member
I used a DPMS LPK on my latest build. I've only got 100 rounds through this gun. I noticed the trigger had some grit and creep that wasn't there at first. I took the hammer and trigger out of the lower and noticed a groove worn into the trigger face. There is noticeable depth to this groove, almost like the sear is harder than the trigger face and created the groove upon resetting. The sear looked good. I've included a couple pictures of the trigger face. What's going on? Was the trigger not hardened?

Jeez, I have one in a build also, but it's showing the opposite, meaning it's way too smooth after only a few thousand rounds. You got me thinking now I should check it. The only reason I got it is I couldn't get any other kit at the time. Never was a fan of dpms.

Delaware machinery. From the gb a few years ago. I got sequential serial #'s. The first one didn't have any issues. This is the second lower. Used DPMS LPK's in both; however a few years apart.

Don't oil it - grease it.
Also - it's a milspec trigger - if it wears, it wears. I wouldn't expect much. Upgrade to a Spike's Battle Trigger or an ALG if you're looking for something in the better 1-stage category. If you want to drop some coin, Geissele 2-stage it.

But really, if the gun goes boom on every trigger pull, the DPMS LPK is doing it's job. If you're concerned about grittiness, get out some polishing paste and a q-tip.

Just my honest 2 cents, take it for what it's worth.

I had to do the same to a kid at BRP who was looking for sub-MOA on a classic A2 style AR on irons at 100 yards. Couldn't hit the bull and was wondering why it was shooting all over the paper.
The ammo he's using, and the gun and sights he's using are designed for minute-of-man. If he wants a tack driver, he's doing it wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom