Eye & ear protection for indoors?

Hahaha. When I've shot indoors with an obnoxious brake I think "deal with it, it's a shooting range" but when I'm next to someone I'll always be kind of annoyed 🤣🤣
I shoot a lot outdoors and am relatively used to gunfire. Indoors however, some of those shots still cause a jump. There’s always that high-pitched “twang” that follows the high-pressure calibers. As if my eardrums are subtly screaming out in pain “is that you, tinnitus?”

I shoot a lot outdoors and am relatively used to gunfire. Indoors however, some of those shots still cause a jump. There’s always that high-pitched “twang” that follows the high-pressure calibers. As if my eardrums are subtly screaming out in pain “is that you, tinnitus?”

That's your eardrums!?!? I always thought it was some reverb of the building

What I will never get again is the custom moulded plugs. They need to be taped once inserted or will fall out at the worst time.

I use one or both of these. Usually both when indoors. The Surefire plugs fit my ears great. The Peltors are pretty old though and one side’s electronics don’t work anymore. I am thinking about trying out the OpsCore Amp.

AP972_CLR_1500_1.JPG

56B1BB60-9EDA-4A04-9415-7265DD52C272.jpeg

I use peltor comtac hearing defenders, and usually add an in ear too if im particularly hurting that day, or shooting indoors. Ive been thinking of going to my doctor and getting a molded in ear set done, wonder if its covered under insurance.

For eyes I just ordered these APEL set.

are they any good ?
For the price they are good. Better noise reduction rating muffs cost significantly more. Just make sure you use good quality ear plugs and fit them well with the muffs over them.

I personally prefer using passive muffs NRR30 (Peltor Ultimate 10 series) with plugs underneath indoors and only use electronic muffs with plugs underneath outdoors.

Indoors you have much higher exposure to pressure waves due to a confined space which gets through your nose/mouth/bones making it necessary to have a higher Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) than one would have outdoors to avoid potential damage to your hearing.

For the price they are good. Better noise reduction rating muffs cost significantly more. Just make sure you use good quality ear plugs and fit them well with the muffs over them.

I personally prefer using passive muffs NRR30 (Peltor Ultimate 10 series) with plugs underneath indoors and only use electronic muffs with plugs underneath outdoors.

Indoors you have much higher exposure to pressure waves due to a confined space which gets through your nose/mouth/bones making it necessary to have a higher Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) than one would have outdoors to avoid potential damage to your hearing.
i plan on dobling up 100% no matter where i am simply because joining a gun club soon and dont want to damage my hearing

Eye & ear protection for indoors? What are you guys using?
Like hi
Eye & ear protection for indoors? What are you guys using?
Like highlander, Peltor & prescription safety glasses. However, to some extent it depends on the indoor range. Some ranges are like shooting inside a concrete cistern, i.e., wickedly loud, and I double up with custom earplugs under the Peltors. Other ranges have walls, celing, and sometimes flooring with acoustical soud-absorbing properties; in those spaces, the muffs, while necessary, aren't so critical.

I have custom set of ear plugs made by an audiologist not that expensive less than $100 they work too well as when I have them in I can't hear squat.

Back
Top Bottom