• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Facebook deleted 619DW Guns&Ammo business page because of the store's mask policy.

What'd they do, get people their pay in advance or something?

It was some kind of scheme - I'm not long on details - which involved mailing checks wrong or dating them wrong or something, so that the company could hang on to the funds for a few days... I'm struggling to remember the details but it was scummy and intentional, and they got bagged for it.

Don't get me wrong DEC was a good company - barring some issues like that, and some of the internal security and "testing" of employees.

It was some kind of scheme - I'm not long on details - which involved mailing checks wrong or dating them wrong or something, so that the company could hang on to the funds for a few days... I'm struggling to remember the details but it was scummy and intentional, and they got bagged for it.

Don't get me wrong DEC was a good company - barring some issues like that, and some of the internal security and "testing" of employees.

The one thing I remember about DEC is that every other boomer and older x-er from my past had a job working for DEC. Like in my family on my dad's side (the MA half) if you had a reunion with like 30 people in it, at least 10 of them were former DEC employees. They sure did employ a shitload of people. One of my customers used to move freight around for them all the time, too.

In this thread, among other things, I learned that DCU is an actual place. Up to this point, I thought it was a totally online institution, as in "Digital Credit Union." Who knew?
Yup, when I joined DEC in early 1980, they had a visiting CU from Worcester that would visit the Mill (Maynard, DEC HQ) once or twice a week for a few hours. Shortly after that, DCU was formed. I was a charter member and somewhere there is a plaque (it used to hang on the wall at the Mill DCU) with all the names of charter members.
Back in the day, "Digital" aka DEC aka Digital Equipment Corporation, was a big shot in the tech world, headquartered in Maynard. DCU was created as a credit union for their employees, in Marlborough, and has outlived the company it was made to support by 25+ years. It's weird how their locations are located though, very scattered/clustered.
DCU started in Maynard at the Mill. Branches were started at many facilities. Thus, they now appear scattered because after DEC died, they are located in areas near where DEC once stood.
??? Realistically internal security was a joke. I say that with some knowledge of some very glaring examples, not the least of which were the massive fraud by the DCU president and massive theft by those working in the salvage group, both of which made the news.
The one thing I remember about DEC is that every other boomer and older x-er from my past had a job working for DEC. Like in my family on my dad's side (the MA half) if you had a reunion with like 30 people in it, at least 10 of them were former DEC employees. They sure did employ a shitload of people. One of my customers used to move freight around for them all the time, too.
Well in the late 1980s we had 40K employees in MA and SE NH, 146K employees worldwide. Tons of people once worked for DEC and many went off to form or work at other companies that sort of spun off of DEC.

??? Realistically internal security was a joke. I say that with some knowledge of some very glaring examples, not the least of which were the massive fraud by the DCU president and massive theft by those working in the salvage group, both of which made the news.

Well aware. All sorts of shit was stolen, both IP and hardware, never mind money...

What was hilarious to me was amid the stupidity, they'd cook up schemes like hiring a 19 year old 11/10 smokeshow blonde and have her "work" in a position where she'd flirt with a bunch of middle aged men and see if they were up to something... I knew one guy who was an absolute doofus with 3 kids in his 50s, and one such "trap" flirted rampantly with him and said she wanted a little nose candy to make the party more fun. So here goes this TV dad dweeb (not especially handsome or wealthy) to buy some cocaine for the first time ever, and he shows up with it to find he'd been the subject of an elaborate sting. Now he's fired and charged through what is CLEARLY entrapment... the guy probably never would have seen cocaine or chased a skirt at work had they not sent a harlot to pursue him relentlessly.

Remember kids, if she's got the hots for you, you can't figure out how or why, it seems to good to be true, she probably doesn't have the hots for you at all.

What'd they do, get people their pay in advance or something?

I have a play money account at DCU. My only complaint is they are more popular than they have branches. The branch in Fitchburg turns into a goddam dumpster
fire. One day I pulled up to the ATM and there was a line and a friendly cop said to me "there's no cash in that thing, deposits only" I thanked him for helping me not
waste my time. I think they had to pay for a traffic detail so the cars wouldnt spill out onto the road!
Back in 90s dcu was almost an only way to boost start your credit history as they would give a credit card to anyone who was referred by an another dcu member. That was my first credit card when I arrived.

They also would preaaprove you, with no credit history for a 25k car loan.

For people with a good credit score they have nothing good.

Back in 90s dcu was almost an only way to boost start your credit history as they would give a credit card to anyone who was referred by an another dcu member. That was my first credit card when I arrived.

They also would preaaprove you, with no credit history for a 25k car loan.

For people with a good credit score they have nothing good.

Yup. It was a great bank back then. It sucks now. Worcester branch is like walking into Ghana, and their loan products suck

So here goes this TV dad dweeb (not especially handsome or wealthy) to buy some cocaine for the first time ever, and he shows up with it to find he'd been the subject of an elaborate sting. Now he's fired and charged through what is CLEARLY entrapment... the guy probably never would have seen cocaine or chased a skirt at work had they not sent a harlot to pursue him relentlessly.
Veering off topic here, but just watched a documentary on John DeLorean. In the early 80's his car company was on the rocks and he needed money. A drug dealer turned informant working with the FBI basically entrapped him into agreeing to a massive coke deal. DeLorean was arrested, but later aquitted on the charges.

To be fair, Shooters Outpost is basically run like one of the MORE cucked MA stores.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made you wear two masks and put a picture of a scowling Fauci at the door.

What I'm saying is, they're shit.
And I wouldn’t be surprised if your balls are the size of peas. Big mouth on the internet hero- why don’t you come and have a chat with me?

You’re a liar! I have never had anyone come in from NES and say what they say here.
I'm not looking for a pissing match; in all of New England there are two stores I speak out against unabashedly... The Gun Parlor, and Shooters Outpost. Both for valid reasons.

I have run two shops, managed one and owned another, and worked yer for another. Been an instructor for years as well. Professional courtesy usually comes in to play and as a rule I don't speak negatively about a place unless it really deserves being avoided. So far in all of New England that's been 2 stores... Not bad!

I seem to recall having both in person and phone discussions about your staff making extra-legal demands and adding store policies well above and beyond what is allowed and required by the law. And your staff being very rude about it, lying about it, and sending me your way via phone. It was rude, ignorant of the law, and seemed fairly anti-2A. Maybe that's where the reputation comes from because I know I am not the only one. You absolutely have the right to refuse sales or slow walk things, or be as cordial or mean as you like, but you can't be mad when people don't like it.

As for "what they say here" maybe if there are that many people pissed off by your behavior and policies, a little introspection is due. Just because people are too sensible or polite to have a blow out argument face to face, doesn't mean they aren't pissed off and reasonably so. And it doesn't mean they won't tell a friend.

Good luck.

No need to take a sh*t on Shooters.
If you don't like it, don't go.
I have been there a few times, I never had an issue.

But sh*t all over The Gun Parlor.

I'm not looking for a pissing match; in all of New England there are two stores I speak out against unabashedly... The Gun Parlor, and Shooters Outpost. Both for valid reasons.

I have run two shops, managed one and owned another, and worked yer for another. Been an instructor for years as well. Professional courtesy usually comes in to play and as a rule I don't speak negatively about a place unless it really deserves being avoided. So far in all of New England that's been 2 stores... Not bad!

I seem to recall having both in person and phone discussions about your staff making extra-legal demands and adding store policies well above and beyond what is allowed and required by the law. And your staff being very rude about it, lying about it, and sending me your way via phone. It was rude, ignorant of the law, and seemed fairly anti-2A. Maybe that's where the reputation comes from because I know I am not the only one. You absolutely have the right to refuse sales or slow walk things, or be as cordial or mean as you like, but you can't be mad when people don't like it.

As for "what they say here" maybe if there are that many people pissed off by your behavior and policies, a little introspection is due. Just because people are too sensible or polite to have a blow out argument face to face, doesn't mean they aren't pissed off and reasonably so. And it doesn't mean they won't tell a friend.

Good luck.
I’m far from mad, but I personally haven’t answered calls like that. So you probably spoke with a cashier, some are my newest employees. That fact you say it happened on more than one occasion because you called multiple times about issues, only shows your elitist attitude being the professional that you claim to be. Working in multiple stores, owning one yourself, and obviously took a different path after- you either found out how hard it was, or thought you were smarter than all of those previous employers. I meet a lot of people like you, and they all feel they could do better. You’ve proved that you couldn’t, and I feel sorry for you. From the start of this COVID shit, I’ve left it up to the customer. During the Governors mandate, we still let people in (limited) if they said that they couldn’t wear one. I’m open to any and all ideas on how to be a better store, but you’ve proved from your own post that you’re the guy I shouldn’t take advice from. Have a great week- Jim

I’m far from mad, but I personally haven’t answered calls like that. So you probably spoke with a cashier, some are my newest employees. That fact you say it happened on more than one occasion because you called multiple times about issues, only shows your elitist attitude being the professional that you claim to be. Working in multiple stores, owning one yourself, and obviously took a different path after- you either found out how hard it was, or thought you were smarter than all of those previous employers. I meet a lot of people like you, and they all feel they could do better. You’ve proved that you couldn’t, and I feel sorry for you. From the start of this COVID shit, I’ve left it up to the customer. During the Governors mandate, we still let people in (limited) if they said that they couldn’t wear one. I’m open to any and all ideas on how to be a better store, but you’ve proved from your own post that you’re the guy I shouldn’t take advice from. Have a great week- Jim

your PR sucks, delete your account and start over

Your business, your rules, your behaviors, etc and I have no issue with it. It is obviously working for you.

That said, after going in there three times, about the only desire to go back is if I need another blue label Glock.

I've shopped all over the country and I can do without the rules, ID stuff, lines, and crowds.

What ever happened with that supposed shoplifter that you posted on your facebook page about?

That fact you say it happened on more than one occasion because you called multiple times about issues, only shows your elitist attitude being the professional that you claim to be. Working in multiple stores, owning one yourself, and obviously took a different path after- you either found out how hard it was, or thought you were smarter than all of those previous employers. I meet a lot of people like you, and they all feel they could do better. You’ve proved that you couldn’t, and I feel sorry for you.

Not at all... Truth is, there's not a lot of money in the retail end with guns no matter how well you do it - especially if you're not heavily into the soft goods end of the business or dealing in massive volume. I'm very proud to have built two great businesses; for myself as a hobby, and another for an owner who decided to sell (and made excellent money off of my success). I'm quite sure I'll do it again, when my career allows more time for side gig in a less lucrative but very fun industry.

It's just the two occasions - one where your staff quoted state and federal laws that do not exist to avoid selling non-firearm and non-ammo items to myself and my neighbor, and the second time where they changed dicks in the middle of a screw over a firearm purchase which was dragged out for weeks with all sorts of unnecessary documentation and phone calls which went right up to Jim - is that you - who was quite a dick when I was being very, very cordial and trying to be understanding of the onerous and flip-floppy policies of your store. I've run a shop in MA with the torturous state regulations to follow there, and still never felt the need to work up so many convoluted "house rules" about sales as your shop has now - if I did, I wouldn't change them mid transaction.

Truth is I have not been in since well before the pandemic... but I guess I wasn't shocked when you guys got bagged publicly smearing that guy for "stealing" without doing your due diligence, or when I started hearing that you were photographing people at the door and enforcing BS mask mandates. I've been going to other shops around my area, and as far south as the MA border - even shops in MA - all throughout the pandemic, and somehow haven't been forced to wear a mask in a single one! Strange how that works.

You've heard it from enough unhappy customers and former customers. They miss Riley's (there's business for ya). They don't like your rude staff, don't like being asked for a semen sample and thumb print at the door, don't like waiting 10 days on a delay and having your staff refuse to check if it's cleared or release it within federal guidelines, don't like providing additional forms and documentation then being 86'ed half way through a purchase, and maybe don't like running the risk of having their full name blasted on social media for your own internal mistake. Masks are just icing on the cake.

Your store, your policies, your business... but "why don't you say it to my face, you must have tiny balls" makes you look as arrogant and rude as your staff. I told you (are you Jim?) once on the phone; your behavior and attitude are very unprofessional. It showed then, and it shows here, now. Call that "elitist" if you like, but I guess I just expected to be treated with respect and not strung along or insulted when my money was in your hands.

You can say all you want about my "tiny balls" - but my big meaty balls (ok, they're just average) like spending thousands and thousands at a good shop with a good staff and good prices; they just get in a twist when I get jerked around for weeks by idiots who are holding my money or guns hostage, who enjoy adding random hurdles for buyers to jump through - especially in the freest state in the country.

Last edited:
No need to take a sh*t on Shooters.
If you don't like it, don't go.
I have been there a few times, I never had an issue.

But sh*t all over The Gun Parlor.

Ehhh, MA folks shit on Palmetto Midway Amazon etc etc. Shooters' policies are annoying to a lot of us. It's a "SMH" kind of thing. Sure, their store, their rules, but goddamn if it doesn't have to be that way...

It's just the two occasions - one where your staff quoted state and federal laws that do not exist to avoid selling non-firearm and non-ammo items to myself and my neighbor, and the second time where they changed dicks in the middle of a screw over a firearm purchase which was dragged out for weeks with all sorts of unnecessary documentation and phone calls which went right up to Jim - is that you - who was quite a dick when I was being very, very cordial and trying to be understanding of the onerous and flip-floppy policies of your store. I've run a shop in MA with the torturous state regulations to follow there, and still never felt the need to work up so many convoluted "house rules" about sales as your shop has now - if I did, I wouldn't change them mid transaction.

100%.

Had that recently. I wanted to buy a Beretta Cx4 Storm, a 100% MA compliant gun. I call Shooter's Outpost in Hookset and Amherst and they have it. I am confidently told by the guy over the phone that it's not possible to sell to a MA resident... what? It's a long gun legal in MA. I've purchased MA-compliant, AG list approved guns in NH before no problem.

But, because it came from the factory with a 20-rd mag it can never be in MA. No problem keep the mag, right? No, I was told that the gun was serialized with a high-capacity magazine... And it could never be transferred to Massachusetts... LOL. Main issue is that uneducated people go in to this store and get given total garbage and false info. I'm willing to guess this store is responsible for a sizable demographic of the stupid questions that get asked here.

This happened to others I've seen on the forum. They won't sell a standard cap mag in a constitutional carry state in which it is completely unregulated. When I was buying ammo, they ask if you are a NH or MA res, then asking for ma LTC if MA.

Enforcing unconstitutional, anti-gun MA laws IN ANOTHER, constitutional carry STATE where they have no jurisdiction is fuddery and being a cucked store.

Wanting you also to spray your hands down with their sticky shit watery hand sanitizer, wear a mask up till recently in a gun store, kind of goes against the whole self-responsibility vibe of literally every other gun store.

Is it the guy's store and his policy, sure, but when the employees from both stores consistently give out false and totally false fudd information regarding laws, that's a problem.

Funniest part is that later that day, I went to a store in MA who just got the Beretta carbine in stock. He said it ships with a 20-rd mag and he didn't have any 10-rders to give me, so he took a few bucks off the price. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Or they just don't need the hassle of dealing with the whole "Massachusetts" thing.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom