Failure

Ugh. I've spent 6 hours trying to get the damned stripper clip guide off my M1A to put my new scope mount on. Should've been out shooting it already. Yes, I took the roll pin out (that was the first three hours). Yes I soaked it in oil (then tried WD40 then got desperate and tried some circus magic PB Blaster thing that was on the home depot shelf too). Yes I'm supporting it in all the right places when I hammer it. The damned thing will not budge out of the dovetail. Going nuts now seriously considering bringing it to a machine shop to mill it out.

If anybody has any suggestions let me know. I have a feeling gunsmiths are a several week wait.

fail.jpg

like jhrosier said, the direction matters, and the difference in size can be very hard to wee, but it will never come out the wrong way, and shouldn't be that much trouble the right way.

Yeah. Have been doing it in the right direction the whole time. Was following everthing at Sadlak's guide to the letter. It's just plain stuck. I should also note that this is the Springfield Gen 3 scope mount replacement for the guide and not the actual guide it self (it was on there when I bought the rifle).

Last edited:
Man you would not believe the crap I did today to try and get this thing off.

130-184~Curly-Posters.jpg

And it didn't move a micron.

Back
Top Bottom