Fall River Shotspotter reporting fireworks as gunshots

blindndead

NES Member
It's been difficult to evaluate ShotSpotter's effectiveness in Fall River because it is the Fall River Police Department's policy not to confirm ShotSpotter activations in the interest of safeguarding investigative secrets. At least three or four days a week, I come across two to three shots-fired calls that come up as 'unfounded,' though the police department will not say if those were ShotsSpotter calls or not.

Fall River Shotspotter reporting fireworks as gunshots - Fall River, MA - The Herald News

It's been difficult to evaluate ShotSpotter's effectiveness in Fall River because it is the Fall River Police Department's policy not to confirm ShotSpotter activations in the interest of safeguarding investigative secrets. At least three or four days a week, I come across two to three shots-fired calls that come up as 'unfounded,' though the police department will not say if those were ShotsSpotter calls or not.

Fall River Shotspotter reporting fireworks as gunshots - Fall River, MA - The Herald News

Not sure if I tripped a shotspotter or not, but discharging high-voltage capacitors will bring cops to the neighborhood on reports of gunshots. Discharging high-voltage capacitors will also copper-plate your fingernails if not done safely.

So now we know that if anyone wants to overburden the system, they just need a few packets of firecrackers. Just drive around and drop them out the window every so often. How long until someone comes up with an air-powered tool for triggering those things?

Did they buy the cheap chinese knockoff or were those claims about how this thing is able to accurately discern gun shots from other loud noises always just bullshit?

Many years ago, I'd drive my 1972 Plymouth Fury down a hill, turn the key off, and turn it back on right in front of this *******'s house. I don't think there's any way a Shotspotter could tell that from a gun.

Back
Top Bottom