Fall Walls 2020

45collector

NES Member
Thank you again to a great club that puts on great events! A little different than usual this year but that’s to be expected. Literally everything is f*cked for the time being it seems.

Here’s lucky bastard story:
Friday after work I put several mags through my steel gun, just to practice a little for today. The original fiber optic front site flew out after only 2 mags. Replaced it Saturday night and shot today with zero issues. It did it’s job better than I did mine. An hour ago I stripped it for cleaning and while simply passing a tooth brush across the ejector/ top of the receiver, the tip of the ejector just came right off. What are the odds! It waited to fail on me until the perfect moment. Crazy.
Colt 9mm competition with at least 3k through it. Probably more.
913EFB12-E363-4108-9666-1E7E93DE6079.jpeg

Wow that was lucky she didn’t fly out at the shoot.. I too was at the walls of steel today... I will concur with you it was a great event! And it was absolutely an excellent time, I met a few old acquaintances and made some new friends. Started a little cold both the weather and myself but we warmed up nicely! I will be back next time..

Last edited:
Walls of Steel was yet another event on my calendar that got scrapped this year because I stayed in Georgia.
Last year I shot mini, walls and Fall walls, (I stayed in CT just to shoot Fall Walls, came home from the match, got my trailer and headed south).
I'm planning on shooting them again next year.

Wow that was lucky she didn’t fly out at the shoot.. I too was at the walls of steel today... I will concur with you it was a great event! And it was absolutely an excellent time, I met a few old acquaintances and made some new friends. Started a little cold both the weather and myself but we warmed up nicely! I will be back next time..

I didn’t have time to walk around and look for other NES members as I was the only RSO on my squad. See ya at Mini Walls!

Let me guess, you showed up to the registration table and they said "hey how would you like to run your squad"

It was actually at the end of the safety briefing that he mentioned it. I'm used to doing it at other events anyhow. No biggy. It was just every time I had to go take a leak or load some mags, everyone was waiting on me.

It was actually at the end of the safety briefing that he mentioned it. I'm used to doing it at other events anyhow. No biggy. It was just every time I had to go take a leak or load some mags, everyone was waiting on me.
IMO its not the right way to run a match

IMO its not the right way to run a match

To me it's as long as people are being safe and having fun, that's all that matters. But I understand why you top shooters would rather it be properly structured and RO'd like it's supposed to be. I know I'm not going to beat you or any of the other guys who are always at the top of the list so there's no pressure on me. LOL ;)
I was able to show a few others how to run the timer and tablet so that was a plus. Everyone who shoots these often should have at least the basic knowledge on how to help with that stuff.

Back
Top Bottom