• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

family members covid vax required?

I obviously know nothing about your situation, but if I had to guess your SIL's main problem is she doesnt either like you or people in general and is looking for any reason to keep you or less people around her.

I can't imagine many healthy relationships being blown to pieces by in house family vaccine mandates. I suspect all of this shit is rooted in major emotional problems that are now allowed out.

These people look for reasons to push people away and/or leverage control over people.

yeah.. I dunno.. she's a typical liberal, so it's usually inexplicable.. I think they're all being manipulated by the media.. fear, Fear, FEAR!.

I can't imagine many healthy relationships being blown to pieces by in house family vaccine mandates. I suspect all of this shit is rooted in major emotional problems that are now allowed out.

These people look for reasons to push people away and/or leverage control over people.
Nailed it. Anyone who requires someone to take a shot that by all accounts does not prevent infection/transmission probably doesn't have a healthy mindset to begin with. They're either dumb as a bag of hammers or they're too indoctrinated to reason with.

That being said, I do understand people who have legit concerns over at risk family members and if they wish to sit out the holiday or impose non-permanently invasive limits on the gathering such as social distancing and even masks, that's fine with me. I'd suggest that anyone who is so put off by being asked to wear a mask for a little while around a legitimately at-risk person, whatever your feelings about masks are, probably ought to look in the mirror too. Even pre-Covid I have had friends w/ legit concerns about preemie/low birthweight infants during RSV season or immunocompromised family members undergoing chemo who made special requests for visitors, etc.

Nailed it. Anyone who requires someone to take a shot that by all accounts does not prevent infection/transmission probably doesn't have a healthy mindset to begin with. They're either dumb as a bag of hammers or they're too indoctrinated to reason with.

That being said, I do understand people who have legit concerns over at risk family members and if they wish to sit out the holiday or impose non-permanently invasive limits on the gathering such as social distancing and even masks, that's fine with me. I'd suggest that anyone who is so put off by being asked to wear a mask for a little while around a legitimately at-risk person, whatever your feelings about masks are, probably ought to look in the mirror too. Even pre-Covid I have had friends w/ legit concerns about preemie/low birthweight infants during RSV season or immunocompromised family members undergoing chemo who made special requests for visitors, etc.

One thing that seems to be common is a lack of stories with people loudly telling each other that they don't care about each others health. [rofl]("I dont care if I get you sick!" etc)

Weird people will be weird. And weak people are usually dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom