Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Winchester 525

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • CCI Standard Velocity

Votes: 28 38.4%

• Total voters
If we're talking about only loose packed bulk .22, then I'll have to say, "dunno." I've had nothing but good plinking luck with Rem Golden Bullet, box, mug, whatever - not accurate or anything, but just goes bang for me every time (and I know others have had very different experiences with it). I've used it for plinking - 12" plates at 100m offhand with irons for some cheap basics reinforcement. Recently I got some old Rem Subsonic - packed like and looks like Thunderbolt, but (you guessed it!) subsonic. Seemed OK. Not bad for accuracy. Heck, I've seen one rifle that loved Thunderbolt - it was oddly accurate with it. I guess once you're talking loose bulk ammo, one really needn't be all that picky if it works in some/most of one's .22s.

It is all subjective so I can understand others not liking them but the 525 round value packs of Federal Game-Shok 36gr PHP have always treated me OK.

c56DZmR.jpg

I have thousands of rounds of CCI mini-mags but I kind of hang on to them and shoot these Federals (along with Aguila Super Extra). Besides the question here was about bulk ammo.

These federals may not group match tight but I have found them to be fairly accurate and most importantly they cycle reliably in all my guns. As it happens I just ordered five boxes today at 3.5¢ a round and consider it a very good value.

Curious how they work for others?

🐯

Alright I’m going to snag some of the Federal red box 550s this week I’m reading some good reviews on them.
I’ll give an update later in the week.

It is all subjective so I can understand others not liking them but the 525 round value packs of Federal Game-Shok 36gr PHP have always treated me OK.

c56DZmR.jpg

I have thousands of rounds of CCI mini-mags but I kind of hang on to them and shoot these Federals (along with Aguila Super Extra). Besides the question here was about bulk ammo.

These federals may not group match tight but I have found them to be fairly accurate and most importantly they cycle reliably in all my guns. As it happens I just ordered five boxes today at 3.5¢ a round and consider it a very good value.

Curious how they work for others?

🐯

I’m reading that the red box 550 pack from Federal is the same stuff just packed specifically for Wal Mart.
So you might want to try some side by side and see for yourself.

bought a lot of .22 over my relatively short shooting life. all semi-auto (s&w 422, s&w 22a, and marlin 60). worst by far for me is american eagle. next is federal automatch.

CCI SV or minimags is the most reliable i've used, with the second being, and i don't know why is remington GB's.

I’m reading that the red box 550 pack from Federal is the same stuff just packed specifically for Wal Mart.
So you might want to try some side by side and see for yourself.

Thank you for the advice, truly.

There are two problems however, first I would need to shoot up some of the 3375 rounds of Fed Champion that I have, and secondly Walmart can kiss the deepest part of my ass. :)

🐯

they cycle reliably in all my guns.
For bulk this is what I buy the most of as well. I don't recall having an issue either in any of my guns, except I periodically get a stoppage in my Ruger MKIII surprisingly. I rack the slide and am good to go. It is great for plinking and fairly accurate.

Back
Top Bottom