Favorite Canik model?

they're all the exam same pistol (PPQ/P99 clone) with a few doo dad differences. i had the TP9SF and very much liked it. ultimately sold because I'm not into collecting striker fired pistols. personally i prefer the slide stop on the larger models as the Elite model slide stop levers look like an afterthought and i'm a bit more likely to interfere with slide locking open. if i were in the market for Canik I would get a TP9-DA but that's only because I carry and shoot TDAs so my preferences are there. the only model I would personally avoid is the TP9-SA which has a leftover decocking lever that results in a dead trigger. just seems dumb. they fixed the issue with the SF and subsequent models.

in striker fired world, no doubt in my mind the CZ P10 and Canik TP9 series represent the best value. the M&P and VP9 are close behind them.

Last edited:
I can meet ya if close to Andover Sportsman’s Club if you want to give both mine a try

I've got a lot of drama going on right now. A boss that was threatening me with suspension at work (putting me on elevated audit) because I didn't check a box on an application. My mother spent two weeks at Salem Hospital and was threatened by a male nurse and now at a nursing home for rehab and the food is disgusting and the nurses don't come when you buzz them. Right now I just want anyone to hire me to get away from my employers, and I'm hoping my mother can bust out before the 13th of this month and come home.....

I've got a lot of drama going on right now. A boss that was threatening me with suspension at work (putting me on elevated audit) because I didn't check a box on an application. My mother spent two weeks at Salem Hospital and was threatened by a male nurse and now at a nursing home for rehab and the food is disgusting and the nurses don't come when you buzz them. Right now I just want anyone to hire me to get away from my employers, and I'm hoping my mother can bust out before the 13th of this month and come home.....
Sounds like you need Range time, how I gather my thoughts at times myself.
I call it Dr. Down Range

Back
Top Bottom