Favorite gun cleaning products.

G96. Smells like bubblegum. Preferred CLP of the Canadian military. (Due to it's low freeze/gummy/whatever point.)

I use "Seal 1" for everything: SEAL 1, LLC
May be it's a hype (relative to more traditional stuff), but it seems to work well and smells good. :)
With the amount of shooting/cleaning I do (~1K round/month), I don't pay attention to the cost of CLP

I should add that I also use JB. Got it because the break in on my SPR barrel recommended it. The other day I decided I would get my AK's "really" clean so I went at the barrel. Couldn't get clean patches out until I used the JB. JB on a patch wrapped around a copper brush works incredibly well.

Deciding to really get the AKs clean lead me to actually look down the barrel of my 5.45...which wasn't great. I always wondered how I could tell if a barrel is worn out...and now I definitely know! I guess on the plus side my 7.62 is in great shape.

ALSO I should note that the OTIS Bone tool is maybe the greatest thing for AR cleaning ever. All that baked on shit in the bolt that's impossible to get out, that tool just grinds it right off. Obviously need to be careful on anything with a coating but well well worth it. Their chamber cleaning tool is good too.

I like to use brake cleaner to squirt down the bore and the action and trigger group. It cleans exceptionally well and after wiping everything down including pushing swabs down the bore I reoil where is needed. The swabs come out of the bore are completely white the first time.

I use Butches Gun Oil and Eliminator Bore Tech on the bore when needed. Many different kinds work very well.

Last edited:
Froglube for everything. Never had a problem, regardless of temp.

You're lucky Seal1, Froglube, Hoppes Elite, FireClean, and all the other non-toxic CLPs made from modified vegetable oils or coconut oil tend to turn to wax below 40 degrees. Great stuff for warmer climates though.

Back
Top Bottom